Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> SW Sandra Betzina (Sandra Betzina Coat)

Reviewed by:Harriet Rogers

About Harriet Rogersstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 9/13/02
Posted on:1/7/04 10:24 AM
Last Updated:1/7/04 10:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Harriet Rogers said... (1/8/04 1:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments: this site is great for the 'ole ego!. Mudcat, I chose a medium because I knew the coat was unlined and figured I'd be wearing with heavy sweaters underneath. Now that I know how large it is, I'm sure a small would have been sufficient. (nothing like a scientific approach to these things!) Vroom, vroom, love the saying "work the look". Have not heard it before. I don't recall seeing any of your sewing on here, and you've got me interested. When was the last time you posted one? Thanks again everyone.
VROOM VROOM said... (1/8/04 0:29 AM) Reply
You are right Harriet. This coat is for tall people who can carry the flair of the coat off. The whole beauty of this coat is in its sweep and carriage, kind of like runway models needing to be tall. The grey color goes excellently with your silver hair. I love how you carried the grey detail down to your stockings and shoes. That is such a nice complet. You go girl!!! Work the look!!!
NancyDaQ said... (1/7/04 8:25 PM) Reply
Awsome coat! I'd certainly wear something like this, and I'm only 5'4".
mudcat said... (1/7/04 6:13 PM) Reply
It looks great on you! How did you choose your size? I know this line tends to run large.
CarolynGM said... (1/7/04 5:56 PM) Reply
Lovely coat Harriet! Years ago, I made a coat out of white boiled wool that looked almost exactly like this one. It was, however, a Vogue Designer pattern -- kind of makes me wonder where Sandra got her inspiration. I am tall, and the style suited me very well. I wore it till it fell apart.
PattiA said... (1/7/04 5:12 PM) Reply
Really elegant--I love the color on you!
sewgirl said... (1/7/04 4:17 PM) Reply
Very ambitious!! Great results!!!
Ann Smith said... (1/7/04 2:33 PM) Reply
Looks wonderful and I love the leather trim. I have made this coat and I'm only 5'3". I think it works on a short person as long as the fabric is a bit drapey.
Skymom said... (1/7/04 2:27 PM) Reply
This is so stylish on you. I would worry that it would look like a bathrobe on me, but it looks like very expensive RTW fashion on you. Nice work!
jlg said... (1/7/04 1:45 PM) Reply
Very nice looking coat, Harriet. Very becoming.
cindyann said... (1/7/04 1:09 PM) Reply
You are right. At 5'1" Id be a big piece of walking fabric in that style, but it looks just fabulous on you! I love the line of the coat especially the collar. Beautiful
Lisette said... (1/7/04 12:42 PM) Reply
Love your coat! It has a 1920's flavor to it that I just love!
mClones said... (1/7/04 11:28 AM) Reply
I'll second that. You have beautiful taste and so right for your figure (also your yellow Miyake dress).
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (1/7/04 11:21 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I bet you'll get lots of compliments!

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2013-128B