Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2009-127 (Yoga Pant)

Reviewed by:amy in mpls

About amy in mplsstar
MN USA
Member since: 3/7/08
Posted on:7/8/09 6:54 PM
Last Updated:7/8/09 7:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Beach Wolf said... (11/7/09 0:13 AM) Reply
When you say that you seamed the waistband edges together, do you mean you made it into a faux tie and the overlap is fixed in position? That seems like a simpler way to go, and if that's what you did it certainly works. The pants look great!
Markie1 said... (7/15/09 0:20 AM) Reply
These are adorable on you! I have been agonizing over the Burda instructions--to the point of total paralysis...but i will be brave like you and give them a shot. Thanks!
chev said... (7/10/09 9:54 PM) Reply
I've been thinking about making these pants, and after reading your review, I was thinking about not making them. However, after looking at your pics, I definitely want to make them! They look great! Although I take to heart your review of what a pain they are to make.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (7/10/09 3:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review I was interested in these so appreciate your honest review.
Knitters Delight said... (7/9/09 2:32 PM) Reply
I'm sorry, but you are not selling me on this being a so-so outcome. These look FABULOUS on you. Sorry it wasn't what you hoped for, but they look great on you.
meli88a said... (7/9/09 1:42 PM) Reply
I really liked this in the magazine, and I think that your version is cute too!
amy in mpls said... (7/9/09 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks Ladies! For mikkim, I think they would work fine in any knit. It helps that my fabric is I guess I would say "dense" I feel like I can really pull and knot up the tie...Give it a shot!
aimeejessica said... (7/9/09 9:40 AM) Reply
i had been thinking about trying these... thanks very much for the heads-up about the difficulties.
Christina Sonja said... (7/9/09 1:24 AM) Reply
I really like these pants in the magazine. I think they turned out nice. At least you have some new around-the-house pants now!
Speech girl said... (7/8/09 10:38 PM) Reply
I think the pants look cute. I was thinking about making these: how do you think they would work in a rayon/lycra knit?
sewbehind said... (7/8/09 8:40 PM) Reply
I think these are really cute on you too. Maybe you just need some time...
michellep74 said... (7/8/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I thought that these were cute in the magazine and have been dying to see how they look sewn up. If I decide to make them, I'll proceed with caution.
MissCelie said... (7/8/09 8:28 PM) Reply
I totally don't remember even laying eyes on these in the magazine but I think they came out really cute!

by: Karen2931

by: slmstyle

SewBaby Double Duty Bag Pattern

SewBaby Double Duty Bag Pattern

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)