Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-141 (wide brimmed sun hat)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:7/9/09 8:00 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
lamstu said... (7/10/09 10:22 AM) Reply
Best wishes for your recovery. And great hat!
Woolygal said... (7/10/09 7:42 AM) Reply
You are an inspiration. Great hat. We're all with you.
Laurasews said... (7/9/09 11:22 PM) Reply
You will be in my prayers Melissa. Keep up the positive thoughts and I look forward to all of your projects!
nellc said... (7/9/09 6:09 PM) Reply
Love the hat! It's great that you are managing to keep sewing while in hospital. Take care and best wishes.
Vintage Joan said... (7/9/09 2:25 PM) Reply
You are one impressive lady. I hope your time in hospital flies by. In the meantime, that's a great little hat! I may just have to try that pattern. I look forward to the next instalment from your hospital-stay sewing diary. :)
Deb Thompson said... (7/9/09 2:23 PM) Reply
Oh and I just realized that this is your 100th review! Congratulations on that milestone!!
Deb Thompson said... (7/9/09 2:21 PM) Reply
Melissa - once you are out of the hospital you should seek "SA" (Sewists Anonomys) for your addicition! Haha - you are such an inspiration. I am hoping all goes well for you! Now that hat is adorable! I love it. It's going to be very functional and super cute all at the same time!
Grammy Gin said... (7/9/09 1:05 PM) Reply
Cute hat. I'm sending my best wishes for you....I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. You are an inspiration to anyone! I hope your hospital stay goes very quickly...I'm so glad that your Mom can be there with you....Mom's always make kids feel better, no matter the age. My 41 yo son still thinks so! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck..thank goodness you are healthy otherwise!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/9/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Great job! I may have to try one of these myself!
sewbehind said... (7/9/09 11:39 AM) Reply
My very best wishes for your health. You are an inspiration and a complete addict! Love the hat. Stay well.
marec said... (7/9/09 11:33 AM) Reply
You are an inspiration to all people who are struggling with any kind of challenge. I salute you! Okay, now for my comment on the hat...it is darling and I am going to copy all your tips. Thanks so much for a helpful review.
Jali said... (7/9/09 11:00 AM) Reply
Cool hat! I love your idea of topstitching circles around the brim. The portable machine seems to be doing alright. Keep it going!
Karen6790 said... (7/9/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Very cute. I was thinking of giving this one a try because I spend a lot of time out in my garden and I think I'm frying my brain. Congrats on actually getting projects together to sew while you're in hospital; I hope it makes the time pass easier for you. And I love your tiny red sewing machine.
petro said... (7/9/09 10:34 AM) Reply
Nice hat. I'm impressed that you're managing to sew in hospital, best wishes.
pterion said... (7/9/09 10:31 AM) Reply
Love the hat! I'm so impressed that you are keeping up on your sewing during your hospital stay. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.
Michelle L said... (7/9/09 8:19 AM) Reply
Great hat! It will be perfect for summer.

by: anna1066