Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-112 (skirt)

Reviewed by:QuiltSewSewSue

About QuiltSewSewSuestarstarstar
QLD Australia
Member since: 4/28/08
Posted on:7/10/09 4:28 AM
Last Updated:7/10/09 4:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
babbling brook said... (9/12/09 11:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt! I'm also totally in LOVE with that fabulous TOP!!! Can you tell me anything about it because I'd like to buy/make one! Thanks.
kerrynw said... (7/14/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Sue I have also cut out a high waisted skirt and hope mine turns out as fabulous as yours!
Danvillegirl said... (7/13/09 5:29 AM) Reply
Very nice looking skirt.
Fran G said... (7/11/09 9:05 AM) Reply
L-O-V-E this style skirt!! And you have nailed the fit. Your blog photos of the rigilene added detail and the tab closing should be in everyone's saved tutorials! Beautiful style choice and work. Was the high waisted yoke difficult to fit? This style truly is incredibly flattering. Thanks so much for your review and your blog photos. I will proudly copy you!
Mel.J said... (7/11/09 7:19 AM) Reply
super stylish!
Vivienne said... (7/11/09 0:21 AM) Reply
I love the brown tweed and red belt - your entire ensemble is perfect.
Irene said... (7/10/09 10:28 PM) Reply
Wow, such a great skirt: sexy, feminine, and professional--all at the same time! You wear it well.
brissie71 said... (7/10/09 7:18 PM) Reply
Looks absolutely marvellous!
Mary Nanna said... (7/10/09 7:16 PM) Reply
great looking skirt - very feminine and lovely shape - glad to hear it's practical too.
persevering said... (7/10/09 3:08 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful classy skirt you've sewn. Thank you for sharing so much of the process here and on your blog.
blessedtosew said... (7/10/09 2:50 PM) Reply
You look so classy in that skirt. I love it!!
Deb Thompson said... (7/10/09 2:42 PM) Reply
What a fabulous skirt! It fits you so well and the fabric is gorgeous! Thank you for the photo tutorial. I love the tab closure idea and as soon as I saw that, I realized that I might as well throw out my hook & eye's cause this process will be replacing those! I love that look - so clean and finished!
Karen6790 said... (7/10/09 2:12 PM) Reply
Wow, I was iffy about the high waist on any one but a BWOF model, but this looks great on you. Very flattering and I love your idea of doing it with a bias plaid.
Izzie said... (7/10/09 11:37 AM) Reply
Sharp-looking skirt!
Barbara V said... (7/10/09 10:36 AM) Reply
I agree...your skirt is a winner! The style and fit suit you nicely and the fabric is beautiful.
Amanda S. said... (7/10/09 9:43 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt! I wanted to make this last spring but didn't get around to it. Thanks for the great review.
Christas said... (7/10/09 8:59 AM) Reply
This looks so nice! I love the skirt paired with the top you are wearing .... great outfit!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/10/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Stunning! And I mean that in a good way! Nicely done!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/10/09 8:05 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks fantastic, really flattering waistline. When we get our winter over here I might just try it!
Natasha B said... (7/10/09 6:32 AM) Reply
You have done a fabulous job on this skirt Sue, congratulations! It is very flattering and feminine, I'm getting used to the high waist myself and think it looks very fashionable. The fabric works well, I have mine ready to go in a black sateen. Well done!!!

Colette Patterns 0003