Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1007 (fit to be tied shirt)

Reviewed by:QuiltSewSewSue

Last Updated:7/19/09 0:28 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
RadarRadiance said... (1/10/10 12:17 PM) Reply
Great review. Also thanks for posting your bust size with the pattern size you used. I have a tough time figuring out what pattern sizes to sew up. :) I think it looks GREAT on you!!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/29/09 11:48 AM) Reply
Great shirt first time I saw your review... Now that I have checked out the detail photos (thank you DH!) It is a FABULOUS shirt. the detailing is superbly executed by you! Now I am off to visit the HP website... very visually entertaining shirt. Must have been fun to sew too.
quixoticpixels said... (7/20/09 11:29 AM) Reply
The top looks wonderful on you. I don't think the gathering overwhelms you either. It's a lovely detail. Great color too!
Terri Smith said... (7/19/09 3:38 PM) Reply
This is a great blouse! I love the details, the it, and the fabric. Thank you.
Em's Summer said... (7/19/09 3:18 PM) Reply
This is such a cute shirt--it looks great on you!
jent said... (7/19/09 3:11 PM) Reply
This is a great looking shirt.
Natasha B said... (7/19/09 1:36 AM) Reply
Fabulous shirt! The details are so well done and the fit is perfect (especially those gathers)! Enjoyed the extra details photos you posted too.
Raye Ann said... (7/19/09 1:09 AM) Reply
this really looks terrific. all of your hard work and detailing was worth it! it looks fantastic on you!
cabinbaby said... (7/19/09 0:47 AM) Reply
The fit of this top is perfect!!!
MareeAlison said... (7/13/09 7:32 PM) Reply
Sue - you've done a great job. The shirt looks good on you.
persevering said... (7/12/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful flattering blouse - well done!
Fran G said... (7/12/09 8:10 AM) Reply
Wonderful blouse! Classic yet distinctive. Works well with your fabulous skirt..love them both!
o3b said... (7/12/09 3:47 AM) Reply
I love your shirt and think it looks wonderful on you. I have wanted this pattern for some time but have wondered if it would look very good on my *because* I am busty. I agree with Annette - it probably looks better on someone w/o as much on top. But I still want it anyay.
Annette1 said... (7/12/09 0:17 AM) Reply
I don't think this overwhelms you at ALL. In FACT, I think the fact that you're NOT real busty makes this look EVEN NICER on you. If you're a "busty little number," as my mom says :o), you don't need ANY details whatsoever, and people still KNOW you're busty. If I were to wear this top, I'd probably look like I was wearing a target, saying, "Look at me, look at me!" Which is all just my way of saying, I think this is so perfectly suited to YOU YOU YOU!
Mary Nanna said... (7/11/09 11:41 PM) Reply
great job, looks fabulous!
brrmm said... (7/11/09 8:30 PM) Reply
Terrific job there. I really love it on you, very flattering, and looks great with your skirt. It's time you updated your skills thingy and leave off the 'beginner' part. Great job.
marec said... (7/11/09 7:43 PM) Reply
I hate coming in late to the party! I echo everyone so far: gathers are very flattering, and the fit is perfect. I love the color, especially with the black slacks.
Ripple Dandelion said... (7/11/09 5:12 PM) Reply
It's funny, as I looked at the picture of your lovely shirt I thought, too bad it wouldn't suit someone bustier than she! I agree with the other comments, it is very, very flattering and so nicely done.
brissie71 said... (7/11/09 3:16 PM) Reply
This is one fabulous shirt! The colour and the style really suit you. I LOVE the gathers - very stylish - and not overwhelming at all.
Kay Y said... (7/11/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit - I don't think it overwhelms you at all. It's very flattering and looks great with your new skirt too.
kathyw said... (7/11/09 12:30 PM) Reply
Very timely review, since HP patterns are on sale! I wouldn't have bought it based on their website, but your photos are much more useful than their drawings. Great looking shirt.
Izzie said... (7/11/09 11:29 AM) Reply
Very flattering shirt! It looks good with the pants and the skirt, but I like it best with your new skirt. Great job and thanks for the detailed construction pics.
Nancywin said... (7/11/09 10:41 AM) Reply
this shirt turned out very nicely. I love your sleeve placket - it looks great. The whole shirt looks very well made.
Barbara V said... (7/11/09 8:48 AM) Reply
A really great shirt with lovely detail. I see the front gathers as very complimentary to your size and figure. Your detailed fitting with muslin produced a wonderful fit.
Nancy K said... (7/11/09 8:45 AM) Reply
I love this top on you. I don't think that it overwhelms you at all, but rather it is extremely flattering. Great job on this. I think that your review and the current sale at HP will spur me into buying this pattern.
Rebecca D said... (7/11/09 8:23 AM) Reply
I have looked at purchasing this pattern many a time and this review may spur me into action. Not to mention that all HP patterns are 25% off through July. What a great looking shirt and I very much appreciated all the blog posts.
Karla Kizer said... (7/11/09 7:30 AM) Reply
Fantastic shirt. Great color, excellent fit. Have no concerns about those gathers; it's a very flattering design for you, and your shirt is going to sell some patterns for HP.
Mel.J said... (7/11/09 7:14 AM) Reply
Very nice! Your adjustments have made this fit really well, I like the style. Especially with the colour of the skirt.
Tailypo said... (7/11/09 3:39 AM) Reply
I love it! Especially with that skirt.
Caitycat said... (7/11/09 3:35 AM) Reply
I think this looks AWESOME!! Great colour on you and well worth persisting and getting it right. I disagree on it suiting a larger busted woman - I think the gathers are very figure flattering on you!
Sew4Fun said... (7/11/09 3:03 AM) Reply
Oh Sue I love it! I don't think the gathering overwhelms you at all. Quite the opposite! It also looks to be in exactly the right place. You have encouraged me to dig out my pattern to try it. A beautiful blouse that is a very flattering. Good job on the fit too.

Sewing Workshop Valencia Jacket & Pants Pattern