Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3 (Boot Cut Jeans)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Other Projects by MaryBeth using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

MaryBeth said... (1/12/05 6:28 PM) Reply
Hi G: This review is a year old. I had resized down the photo so I'd have more photo space. Wild Ginger has come out with a beta version of their pants and skirts that give many more options than this older version of PMB3. I haven't had time to test any of the new options yet. Maybe soon...:)
Georgene said... (1/12/05 1:30 PM) Reply
I'm glad to hear you are making progress in your search for great fitting pants. I wish I could see your photo better. Can you use the brightness/contrast feature in your photo program to adjust the levels? Or maybe you dont *want* to show all the gory details, heheh...
MaryBeth said... (1/12/05 12:26 PM) Reply
Hi sunlie, glad you've joined us. We're all learning/evolving and sharing that process. PMB2 is Pattern Master Boutique Version 2. PMB3 is Version 3. Wild Ginger is a company, one of many, that make pattern drafting software from the measurements you input. You're welcome to write me privately if you need more info.
sunlie said... (1/11/05 6:39 PM) Reply
all the reviews sound good, but do not know what some of the Abbreviations such as PMB2 mean. Seeing the photos is very helpful.
MaryBeth said... (2/4/04 11:46 AM) Reply
Edina, the new PMB3 allows better control over the fit. I found it a bunch easier to work with. But still to shy to try the yoked jeans again. My first attempts were made in heavy weight denim and my hand still ache thinking about all the fitting and ripping!
Edina said... (2/3/04 10:30 PM) Reply
I too had difficulty getting my jeans to fit. I have the previous PMB program and am hesitant to upgrade. Sometimes I can get a better fit with Vogue or Burda pants patterns.
Danvillegirl said... (1/9/04 8:21 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, I am glad to see a fellow PMB3 user. I am beginning to really enjoy this new version and of late your reviews make me want to try some other things. I am finishing a skirt and it fits great. Two outfits for me that work great. I like your pants and glad to read you know what to "tweak" the next time around.
Gigi Louis said... (1/9/04 7:55 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, these look wonderful on you!
Lisa Laree said... (1/9/04 7:24 AM) Reply
Thanks, MaryBeth! I may do that... The jeans look good, BTW! :)
jlg said... (1/9/04 5:13 AM) Reply
Mary Beth, your jeans look like they fit very well. Great job.
MaryBeth said... (1/8/04 11:30 PM) Reply
Lisa: try again. I'm learning that it is still better to resize the photo in my photoshop elements program and save it for the web before I upload it to the PR photo album. PMB is much easier if you have a buddy to help. Email me any time with your questions!
Lisa Laree said... (1/8/04 11:17 PM) Reply
P.S. I can't see the picture; it tells me that I 'don't appear to be the owner of this album'...
Lisa Laree said... (1/8/04 11:16 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for writing up your PMB creations! I just got this for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to play with it much. Just reading the chatter list has kind of got my head spinning...adjusting things like the knee setting or armhole setting doesn't quite compute yet...I'm hoping once I get a chance to really dig through the manual and play around with it I'll understand what those numbers mean. Meantime, reviews like this help a lot!

Other 07072008