Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3867 (Sew Stylish Misses Top)

Reviewed by:kim*brown

About kim*brownstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 10/16/06

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:7/12/09 2:51 PM
Last Updated:7/13/09 8:38 AM

kim*brown said... (7/16/09 8:00 AM) Reply
@runnerchicki ~ It is a patent Leather bag by Michael Kors. It was available @ Nordstroms this Spring. Thanks again ladies!
runnerchicki said... (7/15/09 10:18 PM) Reply
What kind of bag are you carrying in the photo???? .... oh, and I LOVE your top!
Sheila457 said... (7/13/09 4:49 PM) Reply
Perfect summer outfit.
Raye Ann said... (7/13/09 2:07 PM) Reply
what a terrific summer outfit! i love this on you. thank you for the info about sizing- we are almost exactly the same size. I am learning that I typically should start with sz 14 and adjust down as needed. It is helpful to hear someone else(with more experience) doing the same!
marec said... (7/13/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Your whole look is perfect! I really like the top with those perfectly fitted city shorts.
Terri Smith said... (7/13/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Perfect timing! I have this pattern planned for the top and the shorts (which are a direct copy of my fav RTW Anne Kleins). And I wear a 14 too! You make a great model!
Heatherrique said... (7/13/09 11:33 AM) Reply
Such a fun and attractive top on you, Kim! Thanks for your review! You're making me search for this pattern in my stash somewhere...
KrystalL said... (7/13/09 11:10 AM) Reply
This is such a great pattern. Your version is no exception! Wonderful!
CynthiaSue said... (7/13/09 10:58 AM) Reply
I'm sorry to use this tired statement, but "You are too cute in this outfit!!" I have this top cut out and your version is making me go sew it up! And I never knew how RTW these friggin shorts were!! I'm going to make those too. Great review!! and wicked fit on the shorts!
MaddyGranMa said... (7/13/09 10:18 AM) Reply
What a great outfit, with the shoes and the bag that you are wearing (carrying) you could go to any nice afternoon affair (I mean that in the tea and crumpets type of affair). A change of shoes and you have a whole new look! Thanks for adding the piece about the backwards facings and zipper....I feel better about myself now...I just spent too much time taking out a ruffle on a skirt that I put on completely backwards...twice!
Barbara V said... (7/13/09 0:13 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful and very flattering. You look great in it.
imsewcrazy said... (7/12/09 11:15 PM) Reply
This top looks adorable on you!
Sweetiebop said... (7/12/09 11:04 PM) Reply
Great outfit and I love the fabric choice for the top.
busymomof3 said... (7/12/09 10:48 PM) Reply
This outfit looks great on you!!!
Lori V said... (7/12/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Very, very cute top. This looks so good on you. This is one of my favorite top I made, too.
Christas said... (7/12/09 4:47 PM) Reply
I LOVE this pattern! I have made it twice and have no plans of retiring it anytime soon. It is such a great looking pattern. Your version is wonderful and fits you perfectly. I have only made it in solid colors. Your version is beautiful in a print!
Sallygirl said... (7/12/09 3:50 PM) Reply
That looks really cute on you and makes a really cute outfit. I have this top already cut out and ready to sew. I enjoyed checking out your blog and was hooked by your very first sentence! Thank you!

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern