Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6582 (60's Retro Dress)

Reviewed by:MissFit

About MissFitstar
NY
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:7/13/09 8:19 PM
Last Updated:7/13/09 9:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

LBH2010 said... (11/2/12 10:48 PM) Reply
This is so classy and beautiful!
tessture said... (9/25/09 5:31 PM) Reply
I had the same fit problems with this pattern. Neck seems too high and it gaps at the neck, front and back, when I flex my torso.
MissFit said... (7/20/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments! I feel a lot better about this dress now. For a time I was thinking I would never ware it again. Ann, my dress form is a Uniquely You dress form. It is made of foam rubber that compresses to fit a cover that you fit to your measurements. I have not gotten it *perfectly* to my size, but close enough for now…
grey ann said... (7/18/09 8:40 PM) Reply
Looks so nice on you! I am curious about your dress form shown in the pix? Is it a custom one? if so, how did you make it? thanks, Ann
Jolet said... (7/15/09 11:35 AM) Reply
Great dress and a great review. I also like the mock up dress you made!
Christas said... (7/15/09 10:59 AM) Reply
Great review! I love how the kitties all "helped" with the project! Your dress is gorgeous and you look wonderful on the dance floor!
emr said... (7/14/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. Thanks for all the detail in the review. I have been courting this pattern for some time now and your review has made up my mind. Gonna pick it up. Hope my version comes out as well as yours. PS. Invisible zipper feet make it much easier to put invisible zippers in.
emr said... (7/14/09 4:56 PM) Reply
Barbara V said... (7/14/09 3:04 PM) Reply
I love this dress...so simple and elegant looking. Nice work. It looks lovely on you too.
wreninrome said... (7/14/09 2:25 PM) Reply
very beautiful. i agree on the neckline...if you have a resonably present bosom a high neckline isn't as attractive as a mid to low. i really love your muslin too
Tiner W said... (7/14/09 9:12 AM) Reply
It's a gorgeous dress!
LisaRM said... (7/14/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and excellent fit. The white pearls really a bit of elegance.
Auntie Allyn said... (7/14/09 7:55 AM) Reply
Truly lovely dress . . . you look fantastic! I've been considering this pattern myself, so many thanks for your review.
Annette1 said... (7/14/09 0:33 AM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL dress, and I really enjoyed looking at the wedding pictures. This dress fits you to a T, and I don't think it gapes too much at ALL. It just looks very elegant and casually draped. As for little threads showing from the right side of your French seams, it's sometimes hard to avoid with such a ravely fabric. If you trim your seams down after you've made the first stitching, though, then turn, press and stitch the second (closing) seamline, you can avoid most of the show through via the fact that you trimmed down the raw edges before encasing the seam. You look so pretty in your outfit, and you're lucky to have a date who will dance -- ha!
lamstu said... (7/13/09 11:26 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely and you did a great job to get such a good fit. I have been considering this pattern for ages, but the high neckline probably won't flatter. Silk dupioni is a wonderful fabric to sew and to wear!
Immelu said... (7/13/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Wow, this is such a great dress!! I've always loved this pattern!
JEF said... (7/13/09 10:00 PM) Reply
This is such a classy and pretty dress. You did a great job.
blessedtosew said... (7/13/09 9:52 PM) Reply