Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-123

Posted on:7/13/09 10:01 PM
Last Updated:7/14/09 7:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Sherril Miller said... (8/1/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Somehow I missed the review. You've written it very well and the top is adorable!
barbcl said... (7/14/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Terrific and smart! Congratulations on your choice of fabric, modifications, and a great look.
Catbird said... (7/14/09 8:48 PM) Reply
This is so pretty, and I think the changes you made really elevated the style. Thank you for all the great information you put in your review!
Beve said... (7/14/09 7:16 PM) Reply
Lovely! And what a beautiful job you did...
amy in mpls said... (7/14/09 6:51 PM) Reply
WOW this is so pretty. i love the femine style and your fabric combos...love it!
Lori V said... (7/14/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Very beautiful top.
Barbara V said... (7/14/09 5:09 PM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful and looks lovely on you. I enjoyed reading your review especially the tutorial on the hem.
kim*brown said... (7/14/09 10:59 AM) Reply
Love your fabric choices!
meli88a said... (7/14/09 10:22 AM) Reply
this is fantastic. I didn't really care for the version in the magazine but yours is truly wonderful. Nice alteration and good call on the sleeves!
kerrynw said... (7/14/09 10:13 AM) Reply
You have a very pretty blouse after all the effort.
Diane333 said... (7/14/09 10:10 AM) Reply
I love your shirt, very feminine and you worked so hard on it!
annie11 said... (7/14/09 9:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, and such an original combination of fabric! Thank you for the tutorial.
dbsewer said... (7/14/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse. This was one I had my eye on and it's good to know the instructions aren't useful. Your blouse is gorgeous and fun and the fabric is so pretty.
SewSara said... (7/14/09 8:26 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful and the sleeves are a huge improvement. Thank you for the tutorial (bookmarked!). I'm scared of sheers, but maybe someday I'll get confident enough to work with them. Great review, I think I'll try 122.
marjenann said... (7/14/09 8:11 AM) Reply
Breathtaking!! You have an amazing ability to compose your fabrics, select a design and then construct a garment with incredible skill. I am truly blown away!!!!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/14/09 7:47 AM) Reply
Wow, I admire your perseverance! You've ended up with a lovely blouse. I don't think I'll be trying this pattern myself!
DaisyEsq said... (7/14/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful.
donna mel said... (7/14/09 7:28 AM) Reply
thanks for fixing the links. i really appreciate the tutorial on the starch hemming. its a lovely finish. beautiful blouse.
solosmocker said... (7/14/09 7:09 AM) Reply
Links are now fixed.
solosmocker said... (7/14/09 6:44 AM) Reply
I find this liquid starch at my local K-Mart. Thanks for the lovely comments.
BillieJean said... (7/14/09 5:54 AM) Reply
This is so pretty. I love your fabric combo!
arianamaniacs said... (7/14/09 3:48 AM) Reply
really nice, i love the fabric pattern
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/14/09 1:37 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse, the mix of fabric is genius! I made 122 (review coming soon) and found the instructions OK, but am partway through another blouse with the same concealed front as yours and it's giving me fits so I understand your frustration! Well done for persevering, it was worth it.
Patzee said... (7/14/09 1:03 AM) Reply
Fabulous review! Thanks so much for the sheer hem tutorial. Love your blog.
Christas said... (7/13/09 11:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! You look so elegant wearing it.
Heidi Ho said... (7/13/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Great blouse. I really like that tutorial. Where do you get the starch? All I ever see is the spray kind.
Vintage Joan said... (7/13/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Nice -- I love the style of this blouse. Thanks for the helpful information about the minimal instructions and about how you adjusted your blouse.
solosmocker said... (7/13/09 10:33 PM) Reply
Just want to say I am unable to get most of my links in tonight. Sorry and I will try again tomorrow. Thanks, Bunny

More Knits