Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2009-05 (Waterfall Jersey Blouse)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:7/14/09 3:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

wineyjudy said... (7/16/09 12:00 PM) Reply
Nice job, this looks great on you! I like your version better than the magazine version!
CA Eisenhour said... (7/16/09 1:27 AM) Reply
Fabulous top Christa! Ditto on all the comments about the shoulder ties. Years(and years)ago, I used to tie my t-shirt sleeves at the shoulders together like that with long "Baggie Ties!"
MelissaB in WA said... (7/15/09 11:40 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
Grammy Gin said... (7/15/09 8:50 PM) Reply
This is one adorable top on you, Cristas! You could make up a bunch of these in all different colors with your odds & ends from other projects. I love the idea of the ties on the shoulders...did the trick!!
cleverkitty said... (7/15/09 4:56 PM) Reply
You made it look so much better, I love it on you. Great Style!
Erin D said... (7/15/09 2:27 PM) Reply
Love the ties and the overall look!
quixoticpixels said... (7/15/09 12:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Kisha said... (7/15/09 7:53 AM) Reply
Wonderful idea with the ties. I keep looking at this top and had a similar concern with the amount of drape ... I LOVE your fix.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/15/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Christa ! What a great idea those shoulder ties are ! The top looks fabulous !
Sew4Fun said... (7/15/09 5:07 AM) Reply
Nice top! I like how you saved the top with the ties. Great "design feature".
kerrynw said... (7/15/09 2:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful top!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (7/15/09 1:20 AM) Reply
What a good idea to make this top sleeveless. I have made one of these and should make another it has a nice drape.
Terri A said... (7/14/09 11:43 PM) Reply
Really pretty neckline. Great color on you too.
BlossomKyle said... (7/14/09 11:06 PM) Reply
The ties are SUPER CUTE!!! I might have to try that!!!
Annette1 said... (7/14/09 10:47 PM) Reply
Aaaaaaaah, this top looks SOOOOO cool and comfortable, ESPECIALLY with those ingenious little ties that you've incorporated. I REALLY like those, and I think it makes the neckline look even better! GREAT review with LOTS of pictures. You KNOW how we DEMAND pictures around here. :o)
Mahler said... (7/14/09 10:25 PM) Reply
ohhhhhhh I do not have this magazine. I am in love with your top. Really love at first site. I want it :-( You look so nice !!!!!!!! I love how you tighten the not ;-) on your shoulder. I am really green a envy. Love it I tell you. I even came back to add more comments about it.
kathleencramer said... (7/14/09 10:21 PM) Reply
Looks great! Nice job. And so quick and easy. Those are my kind of garments!
JudiBee2 said... (7/14/09 9:15 PM) Reply
Great review and great information. Thanks for taking time to create this review and to include all the illustrations!
busymomof3 said... (7/14/09 7:56 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you!! Love the changes you did!
Raye Ann said... (7/14/09 7:49 PM) Reply
this top is so cute! i love the shorts, too. i feel like the only person on PR not sewing patterns from magazines...:) i think i will have to *invest* in some subscriptions. these patterns look fantastic! thank you for the details on your changes to the design.
Jacqui315 said... (7/14/09 7:01 PM) Reply
I just love it!
Peggy L said... (7/14/09 6:59 PM) Reply
This top is really cute and I love the ties - great idea. I agree with the "fountain of youth" comment. Please share the source - I need to pay it a visit.
kim*brown said... (7/14/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Lovely, and can I say you look absolutely magnificent for having had 9 children!!! What a blessing!
Barbara V said... (7/14/09 5:23 PM) Reply
You look great in your top. I love the draping neckline and shoulders tied.....very cute!
Heidi Ho said... (7/14/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Great top! It would be cute with your new shorts.
j222b said... (7/14/09 5:03 PM) Reply
Good save with the ties-nice color on you and style. Gosh, you must be drinking from the fountain of youth-you get younger every time I peek at your sewing fashions!
Karendee said... (7/14/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Christa, Your top is lovely and the neckline is TDF. I find that look so flattering to the face, not that you need anything to flatter you. Ladies and gents, when you see her pretty legs in her shorts shot, you'll notice what I mean. This top is really a winner and you look darling in it.
Catbird said... (7/14/09 4:18 PM) Reply
WOW, that was quick!! I log on to see what my PR friends are up to and there you are with new shorts AND this pretty Waterfall top all done! You and Meggie are giving me an inferiority complex:-))!! I really love this on you and think your idea to add ties to the shoulders was inspired. The drape of the fabric is perfect for this pattern, and it would be great in a long sleeve version, too!
DaisyEsq said... (7/14/09 3:31 PM) Reply
The ties are a very creative way to get the neckline to drape nicely and add a pretty design to the top as well.

by: CissieW