Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-129 (Surplice Blouse w/ Midriff)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:7/15/09 8:50 AM

kerrynw said... (7/19/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Very cute top and fabric!
becca a said... (7/16/09 5:05 PM) Reply
What a lovely blouse. I love your Paris fabric. I have been wondering about this blouse, and I'm glad to see your informative review. I'll add it to my to do list.
Grammy Gin said... (7/16/09 9:01 AM) Reply
Love your rendition of this top! Great use of your left over fabric, too!
FreyaStark said... (7/16/09 4:47 AM) Reply
A cute and distinctive top. Yours is much nicer than the original, which I find rather prissy.
cleverkitty said... (7/15/09 4:58 PM) Reply
This is so cute and I love the style...
Kristine Kay said... (7/15/09 4:14 PM) Reply
Great top, I loved it when that issue arrived, but I finally have the perfect fabric and a helpful review to guide me! Thanks, and you did a great job!
michellep74 said... (7/15/09 3:37 PM) Reply
Really cute blouse!
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/15/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Cute top. Thanks for sharing the details of your construction method.
pterion said... (7/15/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the fabric. Very flattering style and color on you.
Jali said... (7/15/09 1:12 PM) Reply
I love, love, love your fabric choice for this top! I think your interpretation of this top is just so wonderful.
Auntie Allyn said... (7/15/09 12:39 PM) Reply
Very cute top . . . love your Parisian fabric! Perfect to wear on these lovely summer days!
Karen6790 said... (7/15/09 11:58 AM) Reply
This is adorable on you, and I'm glad you found a pattern to use up the rest of that fabric.
khunter said... (7/15/09 11:33 AM) Reply
This is one of my picks for that issue! I have it in line to make. Thanks for the review it was very helpful. I will have to lengthen the bodice for me and I think I will alter the back as you did, for my sway back. Great review!!
Knitters Delight said... (7/15/09 11:26 AM) Reply
Very nice! Great pairing of fabric and pattern.
sewbehind said... (7/15/09 11:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. All your changes make so much sense. Thanks for the review. Love the fabric.
redhotpepper said... (7/15/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Super cute! This is on my next up list. Glad to know about the short bodice. LOVE you shoes too!
Mufffet said... (7/15/09 10:31 AM) Reply
Love the fabric! Great fit - another lovely piece!
Deb Thompson said... (7/15/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Treena, this is a fantastic pattern and I'm so glad you had enough of the Paris fabric left over to whip this up. I can't think of a better, nicer looking fabric for this pattern! I've been admiring this top since my co-worker made it and wore it a few weeks back but now you have convinced me that I need to pull out this issue and make it! Bravo! Beautiful job. Thank you for the descript review with loads of photos! Very helpful!!
21wale said... (7/15/09 9:59 AM) Reply
I love your version of this! I like it without the bow.
renren said... (7/15/09 9:51 AM) Reply
Second time I've seen this pattern reviewed this week alone, and I love it every time I see it! That fabric is . . . awesome (a word borrowed from by 16y.o. dd, but one that feels right in this case), maybe even fierce. Fiercely awesome? Love it, anyway.
Frogstitcher said... (7/15/09 9:15 AM) Reply
I love it! The fabric and fit are perfect. I'm so happy to see your review for two reasons: I've had this pattern on my radar for some time now but worried about the fit on us gals with smaller sized girls so I think your review verifies that perhaps this pattern is sized on the small side. Thanks for a very helpful review.
Christas said... (7/15/09 9:15 AM) Reply
I love this top! It looks wonderful in a print! And it looks fantastic on you!

Paradiso Designs Okashi Courier Bag Pattern