Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1468 (waistcoat)

Reviewed by:julesberry

About julesberrystarstar
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:7/15/09 7:43 AM

nicegirl said... (7/15/09 11:47 AM) Reply
The vest is fun! I like the rich color, perfect for Fall.
Re Becca said... (7/15/09 11:12 AM) Reply
Their fabric choices crack me up! Your vest looks super sharp, especially buttoned like on your blog. This really has a great fit.
Christas said... (7/15/09 9:33 AM) Reply
I had to laugh at the part of your review that said you just use your brain for the instructions and that they might be easier to understand than those on paper. This might be true for your pretty vest, but I have seen other very difficult Marfy patterns on your blog and I think, "Wow!, she did that without instructions!" SO inspiring! Enjoy your pretty vest!
lmg said... (7/15/09 9:20 AM) Reply
I loved this pattern when I saw it. It looks great in that colour and in that fabric. You should get a lot of wear from it. Thanks for the review.
renren said... (7/15/09 8:33 AM) Reply
Ah, very nice. I read vicuna wool is more expensive than even cashmere. Vicuna sells at $285 per pound to exporters in Peru compared to $32 per pound for cashmere. I also read that a yard of the fabric is $4000--can than be correct? Well, your faux suede is perfect for the job. I was just thinking yesterday how much I love vests and that I should sew some for fall.

by: Sheila457