Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2581 (Skirts)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/10/04 2:28 PM
Last Updated:4/21/05 9:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
AnneM said... (4/23/05 10:59 AM) Reply
Ah, yes, I think that does make sense now, Lisa. Thanks! I'll go peruse your tip as well to make certain. (I should probably get myself that Power Sewing book.)
JDpenelope said... (4/23/05 6:38 AM) Reply
Nice job with your "utility" skirt. This is a thorough review, helpful for us venturing into sewing skirts.
Lisa Laree said... (4/22/05 7:53 PM) Reply
Anne, I wrote a tip about it that goes into more detail...and there are pictures of the process in Sandra Betzina's More Power Sewing. The waistline seam allowance is pressed up toward the waistband, and the elastic is placed between the seam allowance and the waistband and secured. Then, you wrap the rest of the width of the waistband around to the back (the wrong side of the waistline), encasing the elastic...make sense?
AnneM said... (4/22/05 6:50 PM) Reply
Umm - I don't get it. I'm just being dense, I think, but I'm not following your new elastic description. It the elastic intially on the right or wrong side of the fabric? What do you mean by "wrapped the waistband to the back"? It's probably perfectly obvious, but... ??
flowermama said... (4/22/05 0:29 AM) Reply
Great skirt and thanks for the great review.
PVA said... (4/21/05 10:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- I think it's going to be a great utility skirt! Actually, I like both of them. Great look with the top, too!
Lisa Laree said... (1/12/04 6:16 AM) Reply
Thanks, Ladies! Kathi, I didn't mean to imply I thought the skirt was unflattering; I was pretty pleased with it. It's just that after the holidays I find myself looking a little...matronly? just about everything. But that's due to the body, not the patterns... ;)
Lizzy said... (1/11/04 1:01 PM) Reply
Looks terrific +ditto previous remarks. I'm really glad you drew my attention to this pattern. Straight skirts are definitely my most flattering style but I do like pockets in everything and sometimes I like a bit more maneuvering room which this pleat (view C) would provide.
kathi s said... (1/11/04 9:44 AM) Reply
Lisa, I think your skirt looks terrific! I don't think that it's unflattering at all. I like the straight lines and the ease of the pleat. For that reason I am going to buy that pattern for myself. We are the same height, but I am heavier than you and I may leave the pockets off. Great review.
SewingSusan said... (1/10/04 5:51 PM) Reply
ditto....great looking skirt. I'm going to have to get this pattern. The inverted pleat looks so polished and stylish.
Danvillegirl said... (1/10/04 4:41 PM) Reply
The entire outfit looks good!
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/10/04 3:53 PM) Reply
This skirt is the perfect complement to your new turtleneck. Both look lovely on you!
jlg said... (1/10/04 3:22 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks great.
Diane E said... (1/10/04 2:51 PM) Reply
Lisa, I think you look very very nice in this skirt. What an elegant winter ensemble! I think the pockets look terrific and the fabric you chose is perfect. I hadn't seen this pattern before you reviewed it and I really appreciate you thorough review. Thanks so much!

All About Linings
All About Linings

by: vgawlowski

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

You Sew Girl Baguette Pattern