Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2452 (sewing accessories)

Reviewed by:alex

About alexstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 9/1/02
Posted on:1/11/04 1:05 PM

See other patterns in this category: Crafts
alex said... (7/26/05 2:55 PM) Reply
Sorry, I don't remember any mention of this.
W said... (7/25/05 10:17 AM) Reply
These patterns strongly remind me of Kumiko Sudo's "Omiyage." That book includes some sewing accessories. Is this mentioned anywhere? I see on the package that it refers to them as "Victorian" and having been designed by Pauline Richards.
alex said... (3/5/04 9:19 AM) Reply
Thanks Hilary, I've never seen it here, but now I know it exists, I'll keep my eye out.
Hilary said... (3/4/04 1:04 PM) Reply
Alex, I'm sorry I just now saw your question! I got the matte plastic at Joann's, they had several different kinds and I just picked it because I liked it better. I didn't know the shiny stuff was sticky, but it would be wouldn't it?
alex said... (1/14/04 7:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments, Hilary! Yes, I like the bag - I used it for a sewing course last night. That's a good idea about using pre-quilted fabric. My plastic was shiny and made the regulay foot stick. Where did you get matte plastic?
Hilary said... (1/13/04 12:06 PM) Reply
Hey Alex, your bag looks great! I have this pattern as well and I made 3, one for my Mom, one for my knitting/crochet, and one for my sewing stuff. I love how big and roomy they are. I also omited the extra lining fabric, and used muslin instead. I made these bags about 3 ? years ago, all from stash fabrics, and all I had to buy was the webbing Ias I recall(which turned out nice and sturdy). I didn't use baby powder either, I agree-bad idea! I just used a regular foot and it worked out fine, no problems. Maybe because my plastic was a matte finish? I don't know but I didn't have any trouble w/it. I made one from pre-quilted fabric that already had a nice backing, so that might be a good choice if you wanted quilting but not the extra work!That one was easy. Anyway, good job on your bag! Do you like it so far?

Suzi Purse Insert Paper Pattern