Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2452 (sewing accessories)

Reviewed by:alex

About alexstar
Member since: 9/1/02
Posted on:1/11/04 1:05 PM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts
alex said... (7/26/05 2:55 PM) Reply
Sorry, I don't remember any mention of this.
W said... (7/25/05 10:17 AM) Reply
These patterns strongly remind me of Kumiko Sudo's "Omiyage." That book includes some sewing accessories. Is this mentioned anywhere? I see on the package that it refers to them as "Victorian" and having been designed by Pauline Richards.
alex said... (3/5/04 9:19 AM) Reply
Thanks Hilary, I've never seen it here, but now I know it exists, I'll keep my eye out.
Hilary said... (3/4/04 1:04 PM) Reply
Alex, I'm sorry I just now saw your question! I got the matte plastic at Joann's, they had several different kinds and I just picked it because I liked it better. I didn't know the shiny stuff was sticky, but it would be wouldn't it?
alex said... (1/14/04 7:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments, Hilary! Yes, I like the bag - I used it for a sewing course last night. That's a good idea about using pre-quilted fabric. My plastic was shiny and made the regulay foot stick. Where did you get matte plastic?
Hilary said... (1/13/04 12:06 PM) Reply
Hey Alex, your bag looks great! I have this pattern as well and I made 3, one for my Mom, one for my knitting/crochet, and one for my sewing stuff. I love how big and roomy they are. I also omited the extra lining fabric, and used muslin instead. I made these bags about 3 ? years ago, all from stash fabrics, and all I had to buy was the webbing Ias I recall(which turned out nice and sturdy). I didn't use baby powder either, I agree-bad idea! I just used a regular foot and it worked out fine, no problems. Maybe because my plastic was a matte finish? I don't know but I didn't have any trouble w/it. I made one from pre-quilted fabric that already had a nice backing, so that might be a good choice if you wanted quilting but not the extra work!That one was easy. Anyway, good job on your bag! Do you like it so far?