Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Dress Shop> Fitted Pants (Basic Pants)

Reviewed by:Lizzy

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

BeeJ said... (4/22/06 8:47 PM) Reply
I had a professional dressmaker take my measurements. Cut out the pattern & it was huge. This was my third attempt at computer generated patterns. Will struggle with standard patterns & alterations. This way you learn to fit any pattern and have more selection of updated fashions. Computer patterns just don't work for some figures.
Bobbie Giam said... (11/15/05 8:15 PM) Reply
I'm sorry that some ladies are having problems with DS, but I am busy making fitting clothes...that I've never been able to make before. It took being measured the proper way, but she was just an informed "use", not a professional. I don't have an average body, so have always had to make over patterns to fit some of my un-average (tee hee) body parts. Yes, there is a learning curve, but with all the help available online you can get the info you need to get a good fit. There are also "tools" to use to get the fit you really want. I just had to let you all know that a good fit is possible. Just remember you didn't learn to ride a bike or drive a car without some practice. Not meaning to be mean/snooty here, but I really do like Dress Shop Dress Shop is very much improved lately & there are 2 online classes being held. Go to livingsoftnw.com to check it out. NAYY
Sewingmi said... (11/8/05 6:14 PM) Reply
Dress Shop is very difficult to use. You end up spending more time at the computer than at the sewing maching. I never did achieve acceptable results with dress shop. Making adjustments to a paper pattern is much easier than figuring out this program.
Frosty said... (11/14/04 6:32 PM) Reply
I have ordered basic program, but not received my CD as yet I am hoping to fit my granddaughter with it since she is constantly growing
AnneM said... (1/12/04 7:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comparison; it is very interesting to read your experience w/ the two programs. I haven't tried any of these programs yet.
kathi s said... (1/12/04 7:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the warning. I have been wondering if this was the "answer" to my own fitting problems, but apparently not.

by: mhoutz