Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3678 (Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:whirrclunk

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:8/1/09 5:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Annette1 said... (8/2/09 4:54 PM) Reply
You know, when I saw this in the review gallery, just the thumbnail, I thought, now THAT'S cute! When I clicked on the picture, it only confirmed my suspicions! You may have had some challenges with this one, but I say you overcame them and it's VERY pretty and nicely fitted, to boot. I noticed NOTHING wrong on the midriff until you started point it out, and I'm still now sure I do. :o) I hope you wear this dress a LOT, because it looks so CUTE on you and drapes beautifully. And PLUM colored, who can resist? I predict lots of compliments. :o)
whirrclunk said... (8/2/09 3:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments and great tips! I will try the elastic this evening, and a stretch muslin next time!
DorothyK said... (8/2/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Wow, what a challenge that was. However, the dress looks great on you. I think if you wear it, you will get nothing but compliments, and no one will notice any of the defects.
becca a said... (8/2/09 11:06 AM) Reply
Your dress came out well despite all your troubles. Your midriff looks very even. Did you make a muslin using a woven fabric? For a knit a muslin probably should be a cheaper knit with a similar stretch rather than a woven. I admire your perseverance on getting it right. Great review.
JEF said... (8/2/09 10:01 AM) Reply
The dress looks nice and comfy and looks good on you. NO ONE will see the wonky stitching on the midriff except you! Heck, you had to take a close up photo to show us! And thank you so much for the excellent review.
Aunt Gail said... (8/1/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Thank you for the time you took to explain what all you did and what was right or wrong about it. Well written reviews-- strong and powerful are probably what keeps us all addicted to this site. One suggestion? I am a pretty good "fixer" of sewing mistakes. I think some black elastic hand sewn in on your back neck facing may help it from terminal "gaposis". What do you think?
puddypaws said... (8/1/09 1:44 PM) Reply
This dress looks lovely on you. I was searching through my stash and found this pattern. I think I will try it even though you had some issues with it. It sounds like a challange. Nice review.
persevering said... (8/1/09 12:13 PM) Reply
Despite all the difficulties, I hope you enjoy wearing this dress because it looks great on you. Thanks for your review especially because you pointed out the challenges.
camaro1952 said... (8/1/09 7:16 AM) Reply
Perfect dress on you! Really nice.

Full Bust DVD