Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9812 (boys suit)

Reviewed by:briggsy

About briggsystar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 1/23/07
Posted on:7/19/09 4:37 AM
Last Updated:1/13/11 3:53 AM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Vintage Joan said... (1/14/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Amazing! I hope your boys know how lucky they are -- suits made from Italian wool and paisley silk!
mssewcrazy said... (1/13/11 7:05 PM) Reply
They look very handsome in their suits-nice work. I think this pattern is just great to have available if a boy needs something for a special event.
Kayseri said... (1/13/11 3:52 PM) Reply
Your boys look very smart
dfr2010 said... (9/19/10 10:19 AM) Reply
Impressive - and very smart to have a tailoring book at the ready! Your boys look very handsome.
ClaireEmily said... (9/19/10 8:06 AM) Reply
Amazing work!! Wow. Beautiful lining.
Scheryka said... (9/6/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Very brave of you. I am so SCARED to tackle anything that has mens, boys, and tailor in the same sentence!
engk916 said... (9/6/10 1:05 PM) Reply
wow!! i am in awe - i have 6yo twin boys and can not bring myself to sew anything more than elastic waist shorts for them. :) the tailoring is beautiful, great job!
mastdenman said... (9/6/10 11:05 AM) Reply
Your boys look wonderful in their new suits.
zannie said... (8/6/09 10:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review ... they turned out lovely. I've been wanted to try and make one for my husky son but wondered about the result looking professional. I think I will give it a go!
briggsy said... (7/21/09 11:10 AM) Reply
its called tailoring a step by step guide to creating beautiful customised garments the ISBN is 978-184543-057-3 i got it off amazon it only covers jackets but the pictures and guides are excellent. i used the linings to back the waistcoats and self line the pockets as well cheers
Sewnsewmom said... (7/20/09 0:47 AM) Reply
Wow! Great job! I love the lining in each of the jackets. Can I ask? What tailoring book did you refer to? You've inspired me to try making a little boy's suit! :-)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/19/09 9:32 PM) Reply
Handsome boys in handsome coats, great work.
addicted2fabric said... (7/19/09 3:35 PM) Reply
Wow, they look fantastic! You did an awesome job and your hard work has really paid off. I think the best compliment you can get is when your kids want you to make more :o)
Leora said... (7/19/09 12:44 PM) Reply
Wow, they look great!
briggsy said... (7/19/09 12:42 PM) Reply
they were for a wedding I got the fabric for about �25 so it wasnt too expensive yet learnt so much from making them thanks
cabinbaby said... (7/19/09 11:08 AM) Reply
Wow, you are brave. Don't you worry that they'll grow out of it too fast? My boy grows at a stunning rate so I don't make him really nice things. Too much time for too little wear.
lucylal said... (7/19/09 8:49 AM) Reply
They look so smart! What a wonderful job you did! I would love to make a suit for my little man. You have inspired me!!

SewBaby Casserole Carrier Pattern