Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 108 (The Versatile Twin Set)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:7/22/09 11:36 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops
doxieluvr said... (12/9/11 6:30 AM) Reply
Pamela has also posted a correction for this on her website under the "Learning" tab...,"Pattern Tips and Corrections".
SweetCaroline said... (7/3/11 3:36 PM) Reply
I found the same issue with the sleeveless top neckline, so I am going to make the neckline adjustment on my next top.
SweetCaroline said... (4/23/11 7:05 PM) Reply
Nice job on both tops. I have made a few of Pamela's patterns adn taken classes with her. She's the best and she fits each class participant personally. If you ever hava chance to take a class with her do it! I have made the tank top alos and found the fit about the same on the front neck, so I wiill try taking a small dart in the front on my next tank. My next class with Pamela is the Twin Set Jacket this summer. Her web site is pamelaspatterns.com
Steph A said... (12/1/10 8:39 PM) Reply
I made this top last year and had the same issues with the neckline. I didn't know what to do so just left it! Now I'll definitely try your alteration, I love the look of this pattern, and it's so easy to sew!
Grammy Gin said... (7/24/09 7:38 AM) Reply
I love the fit of these tops. They are very flattering & fresh looking!!
Nancy Anne said... (7/23/09 6:16 PM) Reply
What a marvelous review! Thanks so much for the great tips on the neckline- I usually have this exact same issue. I'll have to take a look into Pamela's Patterns. I'd never heard of them before.
Heatherrique said... (7/23/09 5:54 PM) Reply
Such a cool looking neckline! Thanks for showing your alterations.
OP Gal said... (7/23/09 1:04 PM) Reply
Great review. Thanks for the pictures of how you dealt with the neckline . I've never seen a technique like that. I'll keep that one in my fitting notebook.
LisaG said... (7/23/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Nancy, I bought this pattern a while ago because I loved the new take on the twinset. But I haven't sewn it yet. I love your top! It's going to the top of my "to do" list! Thanks for the inspiration--and please post the cardigan when you make it. I can't wait to see!
Rhoda K said... (7/23/09 8:45 AM) Reply
Amazing what a a tiny alteration can do. Great looking tops and I love the length - I may have to give this one a try.
Deepika said... (7/23/09 8:40 AM) Reply
I am loving this pattern. Thanks for the review. Another pattern to add to my stash. No alterations appeal to me :)
carolynw said... (7/23/09 8:21 AM) Reply
Great fit Nanacy - very helpful review - must get this pattern
Rebecca D said... (7/23/09 7:12 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this. I have this pattern, and if I ever get around to it I will be using your helpful review. The fit is just fantastic.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (7/23/09 4:45 AM) Reply
You have been busy lately -what a good basic - I look forward to seeing the cardigan.
Elona said... (7/23/09 2:37 AM) Reply
The tops are just perfect, Nancy. I am amazed at the fit of the yellow top straight out of the envelope! That is remarkable. Your tiny alteration just perfects it. I think I need this pattern! Thank you for such an enlightening review.

All About Linings