Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5884 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:colormefun

About colormefunstar
Member since: 11/30/06
Posted on:7/23/09 0:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Patzee said... (7/24/09 1:23 AM) Reply
I really, really love the #1 version. Using both sides of the fabric just gives it that perfect bit of personal creativity!
colormefun said... (7/23/09 12:44 PM) Reply
Glad I could warn you guys about the slit! Sallygirl-- i understand cutting the bow/collar a little more narrow. It makes suuch a difference what kind of fabric it's cut in too. I didn't narrow the collar at all on either top and the width looks totally different from #1 to #2 just because of the drape of the fabric.
cindyintampa said... (7/23/09 11:39 AM) Reply
#1 is so pretty. Great use of a difficult fabric.
Sallygirl said... (7/23/09 10:55 AM) Reply
I have this on the sewing table as we speak. I'm making the puffed sleeve version. I will make my front slit shorter, so thank you for that tip! I also cut my bow/collar an inch narrower -- it just seemed really wide even when doubled. You did a great job!
jannw said... (7/23/09 8:12 AM) Reply
Thank you for mentioning the low slit..Wish I had your review before I made mine..Both of yours turned out great
doctorsirena said... (7/23/09 5:40 AM) Reply
I love both versions but especially the second with the short balloon puff sleeves and where you put in darts to make it more fitted. I may have to try this pattern - thanks for the info on the low neckline since I would probably want to raise it a bit if I make it. Very helpful review!
FreyaStark said... (7/23/09 5:19 AM) Reply