Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1301 (Shawl Collar Jacket)

Viewed 1958 times
Reviewed by:mudcat

About mudcatstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/17/02
Posted on:4/20/02 3:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Roberta Johnson said... (7/9/03 11:34 PM) Reply
Did you find it easy to insert the sleeves? That is one area I have biggest problem when sewing so avoid set in sleeves whenever possible (thus not making as many jackets as I could/should!)
said... (5/31/02 3:38 PM) Reply
Wow, you did a great job on this pattern! I like your interp better then the picture on the Pattern.
said... (4/22/02 0:18 AM) Reply
What a pretty jacket! Thank you for reviewing it, it's the one TS/LH jacket that I don't own but it looks so perfect for Florida summers.
said... (4/21/02 8:43 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty jacket; thnx for your review. I've made the short version and love it. Now for the long!
said... (4/21/02 7:31 PM) Reply
Maggie, I just uploaded my photograph and I noticed that the collar/lapels look smaller than they should but when I have it on it doesn't look like that so it's probably from the hangar. What kind of fabric did you use?
said... (4/21/02 6:06 PM) Reply
Mudcat, I did the sewing right and even pressed the way she states. I really think it is the fabric.
said... (4/21/02 3:42 PM) Reply
Maggie, the collar/lapels seem to turn better when it's buttoned. Also, did you follow the instructions when sewing from bottom to top on both sides (actually I think I may have forgotten to do that myself). That's supposed to help.
said... (4/20/02 4:34 PM) Reply
I just finished the jacket today and I am somewhat pleased. I made the shorter one and think next time I'll make the longer one too. Did you have any problems getting the collar to lay back? It maybe my fabric is too heavy.I will make it again. Thanks for your comments.
said... (4/20/02 4:20 PM) Reply
I just got this pattern last week . I'm glad to hear the glowing review! One can't go wrong with TS or LS patterns in my opinion!!

Violette Field Threads Stella