Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB036BI (Birdie Sling)

Reviewed by:LauraDi

Posted on:7/27/09 2:40 PM
Last Updated:7/30/09 12:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Rosie who use to be Rose said... (7/31/09 2:40 PM) Reply
This was your first project!!! Wow! I have this pattern and haven't made it yet, but now I think I will as I'm inspired by your fabric choices. Very good work, and by the way, who ever told you that you arent' good at "creative endeaveors" needs their eyesight checked.
LauraDi said... (7/30/09 12:01 PM) Reply
Hi Roxierocks, I hope you check back here because for some reason I can't message you directly. I used this tutorial http://craftydaisies.com/2007/08/24/how-to-square-bags/ Just used a curved line instead of straight. It was pretty simple and although my curved lines were not exactly accurate, it wasn't noticeable at all in the end.
christea said... (7/29/09 12:40 PM) Reply
I've made this bag in the past and I agree that it is very sturdy and carries everything. I just throw mine in the wash when it gets dirty.
roxierocks said... (7/28/09 3:32 PM) Reply
Looks great. May I ask, what tutorial did you use for the gusset? I hate putting those together as well. Very cute purses. Thanks for review and thanks in advance for answering my ?.
roxierocks said... (7/28/09 3:32 PM) Reply
Mlandry said... (7/28/09 11:46 AM) Reply
Great bags! good luck on your skirt.
Mebber said... (7/28/09 1:10 AM) Reply
Excellent job and congratulations on your journey into sewing! Keep learning and trying new things - you are off to a great start! Good luck with your skirt!
chacha45 said... (7/27/09 4:50 PM) Reply
They look mighty cute in that tiny little photo....

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

by: dalachin

Tina Givens 6023

by: LJane

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Victory Chloe Paper Pattern