Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8461 (Men's tunic)

Reviewed by:Vintage Joan

About Vintage Joanstar
ON Canada
Member since: 7/16/07
Posted on:7/27/09 7:26 PM

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Tops    Mens - Shirts

Sweater knit fabrics

MNBarb said... (5/27/15 10:45 PM) Reply
I just stumbled on this review. Thanks for making me laugh. I've set wadders on fire but did not think to take a photo!
aishoka said... (5/6/14 4:23 PM) Reply
The issue with the collar instructions is that it has 2 "right sides", so the collar is placed on the body as normal, but the facing is placed kind of ... backwards, such that when it is sewn down, it will get folded inside to hide/cover/protect the seam, and then stitch-tacked down. This is all terribly awkward to write about without pictures, but it does work.
Annette1 said... (8/1/09 0:27 AM) Reply
Well, I'm so sorry this turned out to be a wadder, but that's a pretty clever picture you've got there! :o) I really appreciate your taking the time to write such an informative review for the rest of us, too. It's all the more appreciated when something hasn't turned out as you had hoped.
carolynw said... (7/27/09 8:58 PM) Reply
So sorry your efforts did not pay off but thank you for a great review - we should all do thIS - I find I often throw my wadders out and do not tell PR members - SO WRONG
Nancy Anne said... (7/27/09 7:42 PM) Reply
How hilarious! I had to look twice and was thinking "Is that really a photo of a garment in the trash?" I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I hate it when that happens.
moonchild61 said... (7/27/09 7:40 PM) Reply
I have to tell you I laughed at this because I threw a blouse in the trash just this morning. "Blouse Be Gone". I hate when this happens; but, enough already. The next project will be better for us. Much luck to you.
semiscot said... (7/27/09 7:31 PM) Reply
How disappointing. I hate when that happens. Good luck next time.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117