Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8511 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:jorth

About jorthstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:7/29/09 1:59 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
SewMeLove said... (11/8/11 7:35 AM) Reply
the dress is beautiful!!!!! i am getting this pattern!!
AuntieShel said... (7/14/10 12:10 PM) Reply
OMG don't know how I missed this last summer. So inspirational. You know I will be trying that myself with some black and white fabric. Fabulous result!!!
HLT said... (7/13/10 0:07 AM) Reply
Awesome custom fabric. You have a unique, beautiful dress.
barbcl said... (7/30/09 12:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress on you, in a great fabric. I've looked at this pattern and thought that, with a waistband added, it 's a great skirt, too.
becca a said... (7/30/09 11:25 AM) Reply
You look very glamorous in this dress. I like the urban graffiti backdrop--like a fancy fashion shoot. What fun to paint the fabric with your daughter.
Catbird said... (7/30/09 9:24 AM) Reply
I love every single detail. This is a super-charged dress!! That pink fabric paint was a brilliant idea and you've pulled it all together perfectly with the wide belt and shoes. Congratulations on your first review -- it's a knockout -- and I look forward to many more!
beth5646 said... (7/30/09 6:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the great review. I think I "need" this pattern now!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/30/09 5:07 AM) Reply
What a totally fabulous dress ! ! !
arianamaniacs said... (7/30/09 3:21 AM) Reply
i never gave this pattern a second look. I'm totally impressed with your version. I will have to pick it up
Knitters Delight said... (7/29/09 8:44 PM) Reply
I am in complete awe over how fabulous this has turned out. Simply stunning.
jorth said... (7/29/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Awww, thanks everybody! Many cheesy grins and blushes over here at chez Jorth! xo xo
Laurie Lou said... (7/29/09 4:23 PM) Reply
This is a total work of ArtWear! Love it Love it!!! So was this fabric black and white and you only added the pink??? Thanks and look forward to many more reviews form you!!!
Ann Smith said... (7/29/09 3:54 PM) Reply
Stunning dress and fantastic photo styling with the graffiti background. Congratulations!!
CrescentaLuna said... (7/29/09 3:39 PM) Reply
inspirational review! -- and thanks for alerting me to this dress. I agree, it's a great pattern.
Raye Ann said... (7/29/09 1:20 PM) Reply
ok- your version is sooooo much better than the pattern envelope! inspired choices + excellent sewing skills= smokin' hot graffiti dress! thanks for sharing
DorothyK said... (7/29/09 1:06 PM) Reply
What a great idea - and executed perfectly. The fabric and dress are wonderful. You've given me food for thought.
JudiBee2 said... (7/29/09 11:46 AM) Reply
How Clever. The dress is gorgeous on you!
RLL said... (7/29/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Brilliant idea, fabulous dress! I tried painting fabric once, years ago, but it was poly and the paint washed out almost completely the first washing. I know not to paint poly now.........only natural fibers, but I havn't tried it again.
cmarie12 said... (7/29/09 10:49 AM) Reply
What a great idea painting the fabric! It is a lovely dress!
CynthiaSue said... (7/29/09 10:47 AM) Reply
Get out. i am adding this pattern to stash!! you, the print and dress are absolutely amazing. so stinking cute. it's kind of vintage too!
Byrdie said... (7/29/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow, you look like a supermodel! Love the dress!
Deb Thompson said... (7/29/09 10:10 AM) Reply
I would have NEVER thought to paint my fabric in a million years! What a clever idea!!! This dress is absolutely fabulous and your photos are brilliant!! I am going to add your blog to my favorite links on my website! Thanks for sucha great review
nicolars said... (7/29/09 9:59 AM) Reply
I love the fabric! You did an excellent job.
carolynw said... (7/29/09 8:31 AM) Reply
I love your dress too - your painting makes your fabric a true one of a kind and the fit is perfect - what's not to love!!
mrsbewley said... (7/29/09 8:27 AM) Reply
Really fabulous! The pink paint was truly inspired!
birdmcfarland said... (7/29/09 8:20 AM) Reply
This is amazing. I am totally in love with the dress and paint job. Bravo!!
Sic said... (7/29/09 8:16 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and sheer brilliance on the fabric painting!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/29/09 8:16 AM) Reply
Wow, that's a smokin' hot outfit you've got on there! I love the fact that you added the wild pink color to the fabric . . . totally changes the vibe of the dress (in a fabulous way)!!!
Lori V said... (7/29/09 7:48 AM) Reply
Great dress.
Lili123 said... (7/29/09 7:42 AM) Reply
your dress is absolutly splendid, wow!!!and the fabric is amazing!!!!
valerie sews said... (7/29/09 5:42 AM) Reply
I've been looking at this pattern and didn't get it. I'll have to rethink that now I see how well it makes up. Great job on the fabric too.
Sew4Fun said... (7/29/09 5:39 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. It's great to see you reviewing your wonderful dress here. (I saw it on the Tessuti blog). Great dress and I love how you painted the fabric.
EleanorSews said... (7/29/09 4:41 AM) Reply
Simply stunning!
Twinset said... (7/29/09 3:03 AM) Reply
Great dress - great fit and very artistic pictures!
Gelbean said... (7/29/09 2:40 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress!
poplin said... (7/29/09 2:24 AM) Reply
Totally awesome!
carnelian said... (7/29/09 2:12 AM) Reply
Pretty darn glam and firing on all cylinders, I'd say.

Kwik Sew 3341