Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> Sewing For Baby (Sleeper)

Reviewed by:Lou.

About Lou.starstarstarstar
NJ USA
Posted on:1/14/04 8:10 AM

Debbie Cook said... (1/14/04 11:48 PM) Reply
Lou, very cute baby things you've been making!
Lou. said... (1/14/04 3:06 PM) Reply
Dale, I'm asleep by 7pm every night....and pretty useless in the afternoons, but from 6am when I get up until lunch I'm all go!
Dale C said... (1/14/04 2:53 PM) Reply
Ooo so cute Lou! Must be so much fun to sew for your new baby. I decided not to sew for mine since I've been receiving so many hand-me-downs from friends and relatives. SHucks. No excuse for purchasing that book for me.... Have fun Lou. I can't imagine where you find the energy.
Lou. said... (1/14/04 2:41 PM) Reply
Thanks Hilary, I'm planning a lot in each size also!!
Hilary said... (1/14/04 1:54 PM) Reply
Oh, Lou! Congratulations!!!! I didn't know you were expecting also! I'm so excited for you~and its great that you're starting early! ThEy really go through those sleepers like crazy! I am hoping to make at least 5-6 in each size, I know they'll get used! Good luck, and I am so happy for you!
Lou. said... (1/14/04 1:15 PM) Reply
Sis will be finding out Penelope, I won't.
JDpenelope said... (1/14/04 1:06 PM) Reply
Another sweet garment! Will you and sis be learning the sex of the dear little ones? Some choose not to, and in Japan it's against the law for a doctor to tell! (The population is declining and they don't want parents ending pregnancies if they don't like the gender.) Your stash is in serious jeopardy!
Lou. said... (1/14/04 12:22 PM) Reply
Mary, I was saying that to my mother this morning....I hated wearing the stuff my mother made and now I'm going o subject my child to it :-)
SouthernStitch said... (1/14/04 12:20 PM) Reply
Oh, how cute. Can't wait to see a pic of the baby in all these cute clothes. And just think if it is a girl - watch out!!!
Gigi Louis said... (1/14/04 12:00 PM) Reply
Lou, it's so much fun to see all your darling baby things!
Lou. said... (1/14/04 11:47 AM) Reply
Hilary, my sis is due in August, I'm due a month later....at the moment I'm just churning out stuff, then I'll divide them between the 2 of us. Aperiolat, for this particular pattern the feet are just tucks, very very easy. I know there are some patterns that have a seperate foot piece.
aperiolat said... (1/14/04 11:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Lou. I've been debating on buying the Kwik Sew baby book. It does look RTW. The collar is an adorable addition. I've always wondered how do make the feet in these sleepers. You say it's just a tuck in the fabric? Wow, I have to try now.
Hilary said... (1/14/04 11:03 AM) Reply
Aren't baby clothes a blast to make? This sleeper looks really sweet, and that is super fast, wish I could whip them out so fast-looks very rtw. When is the baby due(your sis's right?)

by: nanneke