Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2009-110 (High-Waisted Skirt)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:7/30/09 11:39 AM
Last Updated:7/30/09 11:41 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
wzrdreams said... (8/11/09 1:18 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this skirt. I'd like to try it myself but I'm wondering why your lining is not attached to your skirt vent. Is that the way the instructions are?
calminatrix said... (8/3/09 5:19 PM) Reply
i love love love your fabulous skirt! it looks really great on you and i noticed what a great job you did of matching the plaid in the back! the highwaist is beautiful!
kathigarn said... (7/31/09 7:57 PM) Reply
The skirt looks great on you! The lining is awesome!! I think I would try to figure out a way to show folks the lining also!
becca a said... (7/31/09 11:06 AM) Reply
This is a very flattering skirt. You look chic and professional.
Raye Ann said... (7/31/09 0:45 AM) Reply
beautiful skirt style on you!
Sharonspils said... (7/31/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Wow great looking skirt.
Levone said... (7/31/09 0:03 AM) Reply
Very pretty and elegant skirt. I love that fabric as well.
Lori V said... (7/30/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Very stylish.
zazzie said... (7/30/09 6:57 PM) Reply
Very nice, just like the picture. I would love to make that skirt, but was wondering if the pleats would make my tights look huge from the side .... Now, you are so thin that your review does not help me with that respect ! ;-D
FreyaStark said... (7/30/09 6:03 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Very smart.
aimeejessica said... (7/30/09 5:26 PM) Reply
It looks really lovely... thanks for all the detailed pics!
Heidi Ho said... (7/30/09 3:41 PM) Reply
Sophisticated looking skirt with a great fit! I love the lining.
JTink said... (7/30/09 2:36 PM) Reply
This is lovely...but I have to chuckle. All my skirts and pants come up as high as the top of your waist band. I don't even have to buy highwaisted pattern. Ahhh, the curse of being shortwaisted;-) This looks great on you.
Karen6790 said... (7/30/09 1:29 PM) Reply
First, I can't believe you've finished a pattern out of the August issue already. Second, it's a great skirt on you. And third, I love me a jazzy lining, so that's almost my favorite part.
Twinset said... (7/30/09 1:17 PM) Reply
Very classy and chic!!
Sallygirl said... (7/30/09 12:30 PM) Reply
That looks so perfect on you, Dawn! Looks like back-to-school mode now....
BeeBeeSew said... (7/30/09 12:18 PM) Reply
I like it, too. Thanks for doing this, I knew you'd come through with the speedy sewing!
Sue Anfang said... (7/30/09 12:17 PM) Reply
I can't believe you have made up a project already from this issue! Pics aren't working on my computer at work (!!) but I bet its fabulous like all your other stuff!!
All About Linings