Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8351 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:whirrclunk

About whirrclunkstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/24/08
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:8/4/09 4:24 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

janella said... (8/9/10 5:03 AM) Reply
Your gathering looks really great! Good job on the dress and I'll try your tip about interfacing the back facing - I agree, understitching is not enough.
nglalala said... (2/5/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful! Great job!
whirrclunk said... (8/5/09 4:57 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments, tips and ideas! I've never considered if my hips are uneven; my shoulders are, so this may be a cause / effect... I will look out for this when The Perfect Fit book arrives!
CynthiaSue said... (8/5/09 3:28 PM) Reply
this is a great dress!! a TNT for me. I just throw it on all summer! the neckline on the scoopneck just sits so beautifully.
AprilLynn said... (8/5/09 2:47 PM) Reply
I am no fit expert, but i'm wondering if you have a high right hip? I recently got the book "Fit for real People" and in that you do a body map. You will discover all sorts of things about your body and how proportionate it is. In your review you said you have ordered the book, so I hope it will help you out. I really like it. The dress looks beautiful on you! love your backdrop!
ggf2005 said... (8/5/09 2:11 PM) Reply
great looking dress. here's a hint that i learned from one the sewing magazines when sewing knits, use tissue paper to cover the seam allowances and sew on the paper, no slipping and it really cuts down on the fabric stretching.
vivianna said... (8/5/09 1:17 PM) Reply
Lovely dress-I need to jump in and try knits now.
becca a said... (8/5/09 10:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! As a petite, I need to take out some length between bust and shoulders to prevent necklines being too low; perhaps this alteration would help you.
arianamaniacs said... (8/5/09 4:35 AM) Reply
I never gave this dress a second look, even though I was searching for a cowl neck pattern yesterday. Yours turned out lovely, I'll have to go get this
persevering said... (8/4/09 7:54 PM) Reply
Glad you are happy with this dress - it is beautiful, well-fitted and it is really nice to see you smiling confidently in it. Just a suggestion: Couldn't you just use a couple of tiny safety pins and pin it to your bra appropriately?
Gelbean said... (8/4/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. I like the combo of the gathers at the empire waist and the cowl neck. It looks wonderful on you.
Raye Ann said... (8/4/09 7:26 PM) Reply
very nice! this looks great. congratulations on your first wearable knit!
sewtime said... (8/4/09 5:12 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, and you look great in it!

by: SheriF