Vogue 8815

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> Slinky Skirt & Wrap Top (PMB3 & Curves)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:1/15/04 6:10 PM
Last Updated:5/31/04 11:59 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Sew it seams said... (6/1/04 8:57 PM) Reply
Me, too, Gigi! But I guess I should concentrate on getting a better sewing machine, first. Mary Beth, your skirts are really nice. I missed this one before so I'm glad it came up again. I cracked up about the top fabric being 'evil'!
Gigi Louis said... (6/1/04 2:32 PM) Reply
Love the skirt, MB! You really do have good legs. With every software review I become more curious.....
jlg said... (5/31/04 7:25 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt, Mary Beth. I like the stripes with the lines of the skirt. I'm going to have to try a slinky skirt.
Sherril Miller said... (1/17/04 12:52 PM) Reply
That's a cute outfit. I'm getting tired of sewing for winter, and your skirt has inspired me.
Gigi Louis said... (1/16/04 6:56 AM) Reply
Despite your troubles with the top fabric your outfit turned out great! I have the skirt fabric as well and plan on making a wrap top out of it.
Deepika said... (1/16/04 6:55 AM) Reply
In Guatemala I saw so many of these skirts and I wanted to make one! Yours is sooo pretty! Love the colors.
Mary Gillette said... (1/16/04 6:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this skirt, I looked at it in PM but couldn't image in sewn up. After seeing yours I'll give it a try. Nice job! And your top looks great too!
MaryBeth said... (1/15/04 10:35 PM) Reply
Linda L, I look forward to seeing your new top! Anne M, the wrap top one of many styles available in the Curves program.
AnneM said... (1/15/04 8:00 PM) Reply
I like that top. I don't know much about the program. Is the Wrap Top one of the standard tops that comes with the program?
Danvillegirl said... (1/15/04 6:52 PM) Reply
You and I are on the same "jag" of using PMB3 and Curves. I like the slinky skirt. I am going to give it a try. I am just finishing a top from Curves, will critque soon. I like the way the stripes in your skirt matched up, very nice.

by: BeulahBirt...