Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8592 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS)

Reviewed by:JoanneM

About JoanneMstar
Member since: 12/26/08
Posted on:8/2/09 9:12 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Bella120 said... (10/30/11 0:32 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great. I've had this pattern for a while and feel inspired to make it now. Very useful tip to cut the back on the fold - thank you. A question: the pattern says for two-way stretch only, but given how full it is I can't see why. Am I missing something? I have a really lovely piece of silk with a slight crossways stretch that I think would be perfect for this dress, but the two way requirement is putting me off. Would love to know what you think.
kkkkaty said... (8/24/10 7:12 PM) Reply
Here's the message that I got (below) it seems that there is a default setting in Flickr that protects your photos, so you may be able to go in to your account and change something to allow us to see your pictures SafeSearch is a feature that allows you to control what turns up in your searches on Flickr, and it's on for everyone by default. If you aren't logged in, you can turn SafeSearch off if you wish, but only on a per-search basis, via Advanced Search. Find out more at our Filters FAQ page.
VeganSkydiver said... (7/20/10 1:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. Your dress looks fab! I was inspired to run out and buy this pattern. And I plan to cut the back on the fold as you suggest.
waltzqueen said... (8/4/09 4:57 PM) Reply
hmm, I can see your photo just fine. I have to click through a barrier notice, but I just had to click on "yes". Your dress looks very comfortable with clean lines and easy to dress up if you want to. Yes I think you would want to control the "tent" possibilities and yours looks very chic. Quite a change thought from that fitted vintage pink dress on your blog!! Love that color, and, oh yes, that dress is a winner too.
chacha45 said... (8/3/09 11:58 AM) Reply
sure wish we could see your photo.
marthamyers said... (8/3/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Nice work!
Athene said... (8/3/09 0:44 AM) Reply
Love the lines of this design. Very pleasing to the eye.
persevering said... (8/2/09 11:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for your reply -great seeing more of your dress and your blog.
JoanneM said... (8/2/09 9:33 PM) Reply
Hi persevering,please try this: I am so sorry.....I have no clue why this happens, JoanneM
persevering said... (8/2/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Excuse the error "I can neither (not never) get.....
persevering said... (8/2/09 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting. Just to let you know, I can never get your picture posted on this review to display when I click on it or get your blog to open when I put in the address you've given.

The Technique of Underlining Garments