Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4244 (Victorian Bridal Gown)

Reviewed by:timetravelcostumes

About timetravelcostumesstar
Member since: 1/28/09
Posted on:8/3/09 4:51 PM
Last Updated:8/3/09 4:53 PM

Other Projects by timetravelcostumes using this Pattern

timetravelcostumes said... (8/6/09 11:21 AM) Reply
McBurbage - the first time, I did some of the elaborate trim, but not all of it. I don't have a pleating machine so I changed the hem trim. However, I plan to make this again in the next year and do it perfectly according to the original instructions (so I guess I have to buy a pleater before I do that).
rosewood39 said... (8/4/09 8:32 PM) Reply
I think that fabric would make me go crazy, slippery fabrics hate me :) Good job.
Nancy Anne said... (8/4/09 0:44 AM) Reply
Wow! I'm sure your client is thrilled- what a lot of work for you! I'd love to see the original pattern, for comparison.
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/3/09 8:14 PM) Reply
I truly enjoyed your photo/story of making this gown... I admire your patience with difficult fabric... Nifty dress too!
Kayseri said... (8/3/09 6:33 PM) Reply
Lovely gown but what a huge effort.
MCBurbage said... (8/3/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Did you do all the decoration and elaborate hemming the first time you made this pattern up?
MHW said... (8/3/09 5:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely fantastic review - thanks! I think I'd have nightmares if I had to work with that beautiful slippery fabric. Wonderful job!
dbsewer said... (8/3/09 4:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful gown. Thanks for the link with all the details. You did a wonderful job constructing this difficult but unusual and gorgeous dress.