Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Revisions> 105 (105)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:8/3/09 5:46 PM

Lookingpast said... (6/11/14 5:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review.....I was looking at this pattern and now have a better idea what to expect.
Andys Mom said... (5/15/14 5:08 AM) Reply
I really like the back view on you. Perhaps there is something you could do to the front wrap, interface it with light knit interfacing (?) or some how get rid of it by turning it into view A. The color is so beautiful on you and I thought the length was very slimming from the back. Maybe you could take it to a local independant fabric shop and ask some the more experienced people there what they would do. One of the fabric shops in our state has a couple of teachers who help students who made garments and don't love the finished item. I have heard very good results from the brainstorming between them and you and the help they suggest to getting what you want. Just a suggestion since the fabric and color is so flattering.
j222b said... (8/6/09 5:49 PM) Reply
The back view is gorgeous and very slimming. I love the wrap-tie detail in front. I'm sure with your sewing skills you can save this. I can't view the front well enough to make a suggestion, but as I said the back is really nice and shapely!
Woolygal said... (8/4/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Your workmanship is awesome and I know what you mean about getting something done and being disappointed. Would a tiny belt help?
grey ann said... (8/4/09 9:17 AM) Reply
I see what you mean about the length, proportion is so impt. But it is a lovely color on you and you did a nice job with the sewing - overall, I think it looks nice enough that you should wear it!
marthamyers said... (8/4/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Yes, it is the Skyelines pattern view B.
Irene said... (8/4/09 0:09 AM) Reply
The top looks nice on you, Martha. Is this the Skyelines pattern, view B?
Patti B said... (8/3/09 9:20 PM) Reply
It's not horrible but not the most flattering on you, alas. Disappointing though! I have a small group of Revisions patterns and have never sewn them. I should take your lead and just use them for inspiring details.
puddypaws said... (8/3/09 7:41 PM) Reply
I think it looks lovely on you. The color and pattern are very flattering.
RLL said... (8/3/09 7:09 PM) Reply
We all know that not every pattern is for every body(yes I meant that as 2 words), but it sure is disappointing anyway when something turns out less than desireable. It looks nice on you from what I can see and I am glad you are still able to wear it and that it is comfy.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-119