Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3867 (Sew Stylish Misses Top)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:8/4/09 5:23 AM
Last Updated:8/5/09 5:11 AM

Sallygirl said... (8/5/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Those are so cute! I love stripes. I seem to usually need to add that 1-1/2 inches to the back also, but I have to take it away from the front, so I guess it all works out! I have this pattern but had been nervous to make the city shorts because they seemed like they ran small -- good to know that isn't the case.
Michelle L said... (8/5/09 8:42 AM) Reply
I feel your pain with the round bottom. I always insert a wedge of tissue into my back pattern piece to raise the center back and cover the bottom. I also find that because I am round on the bottom, I also need to taper back into the waist at the top. Good save by adding a yoke!
Gelbean said... (8/4/09 6:22 AM) Reply
Sounds like you worked out a lot of fitting issues so the next pair should be easy to adjust. They look lovely from the photo.
Rebecca D said... (8/4/09 6:21 AM) Reply
I think your pants look cute and for those of us blessed with bootie, it's not uncommon to alter the backside for extra length. So maybe you'll give the pattern another go. There is lots of pant fitting help on the message board.

Islander Sewing Systems Irish Coat Pattern Pattern