Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-114 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:becca a

Last Updated:8/4/09 12:40 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
donna mel said... (5/4/10 6:45 PM) Reply
thanks for your review and for all of the photos. i am going to give it a whirl, in a knit - to go with jeans.
Michelle L said... (8/21/09 12:55 PM) Reply
Great jacket, it looks like a very versatile piece, and super-comfy!
quathy said... (8/8/09 0:15 AM) Reply
This is great! I was wondering how it would look, thinking also that sweatshirt fleece would be rather dumpy. But you've proved otherwise! Very cute jacket!
Annette1 said... (8/6/09 0:46 AM) Reply
VERY nice jacket! I'd say you've taken fleece up a notch. :o)
becca a said... (8/5/09 10:34 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind feedback. I really appreciate your comments. Fuzzygalore, when I tried pinning the sleeve in without all the extra, I ended up shortening the cap and thus the length. It never occurred to me to narrow the cap. I think I will leave it for this jacket, but keep in mind for next time. Thanks for your advice.
fuzzygalore said... (8/5/09 5:11 AM) Reply
Taking out extra ease in the sleeve cap won't necessarily take out too much sleeve length. You can make the cap narrower as well as shorter, and that'll take length out of it. You don't have to undo anything but the top sleeve from notch to notch. No point in living with something that irks you :-). But personally I really like that jacket. I tend to make all my fleeces from easy Burdas, and while I may look a bit odd in the mountains sometimes I think it looks a whole lot better everywhere else, and so I use my fleeces more because they look better for daily life..
Gelbean said... (8/4/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I love that it is made of fleece.
Judy Wentz said... (8/4/09 6:57 PM) Reply
This is really cute! jw
RuthieSews said... (8/4/09 6:36 PM) Reply
I think its really nice. And whilst fleece is never going to be high fashion I think this is like wearing ballet flats instead of athletic shoes - comfortable but up a notch.
Jane S said... (8/4/09 5:49 PM) Reply
I think this is definitely a keeper. I too like some structure in casual, every day jackets and enjoy seeing your finished result as well as reading the boards. Thanks!
squirrellypoo said... (8/4/09 2:23 PM) Reply
thanks for the review! I was so excited to see this pattern included after seeing RTW sweatshirt and jersey tailored jackets all over the high street, so it's great to know the pattern is a good one.
AnneM said... (8/4/09 2:20 PM) Reply
Looks like it goes to me! Runway fashion? No. Wearable in the office, out shopping, or visiting a friend? Yes.
persevering said... (8/4/09 2:11 PM) Reply
Congratulations! Your jacket fits well and looks great!

by: STARG