Pattern Reviews> Other> 140133-1000 (Tudor Clothes - S Clarke)

Reviewed by:vande

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

moushka said... (8/29/09 12:24 PM) Reply
You've only been sewing for two years?!!!! Your creations would do credit to an advanced seamstress. The dress is exquisite, as is your daughter. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
FreckleHead said... (8/13/09 0:45 AM) Reply
What a stunning job! Why haven't I seen you site before? Your costumes are amazing, and you have excellent taste. I look forward to your future work!
vande said... (8/7/09 0:48 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments about the gown! I have to admit that the success is really due to a really lovely piece of fabric, and a really, really good pattern to follow. I forgot to mention that all up it cost less than $60 to make, but I thought that I did both the fabric and the pattern justice. And yes, Irene, we never really consider what we 'grow out of' - probably because we are more concerned with all the fabulous things we can 'grow in to' (and I just hope my daughter will never 'out-grow' me!)
Kayseri said... (8/6/09 3:05 AM) Reply
This looks really grand, and suits your daughter beautifully.
arianamaniacs said... (8/6/09 2:56 AM) Reply
Excellent. Looks perfect. Love the fabric and pearls. Your daughter(?) looks absolutely amazing, like a doll.
Irene said... (8/5/09 11:51 PM) Reply
This is such an impressive dress, and it suits your daughter so well. "Too bad she'll outgrow it," I thought, before moving on to, "What fun to have an excuse to make another."
jilly cooper said... (8/5/09 11:09 PM) Reply
Your dress is amazing.
Karen6790 said... (8/5/09 10:51 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous result. I have a really good book called The Tudor Tailor, but I think I'm going to pick this one up to keep it company. I don't have a lot of use for costumes, but I'm a sucker for Tudor period stuff, and I think you got a great resemblance to the Phoenix portrait here. Lucky daughter!
Tonyasrb said... (8/5/09 7:50 PM) Reply
This is beautiful.
ClaireEmily said... (8/5/09 7:14 PM) Reply
This dress is just exquisite! It is so beautifully made and looks very true to the Tudor style. Amazing work!
kkkkaty said... (8/5/09 4:30 PM) Reply
wow, what a lucky girl, so lovely! And thanks for the alert about the book, I'll look for it

by: Sheila457