Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2008-6 (Zippered Knit Jacket)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

About ClaireEmilystarstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 9/28/08
Posted on:8/8/09 7:09 AM

Vesta Patterns

Mufffet said... (8/11/09 2:35 PM) Reply
Great looking I must say!
ClaireEmily said... (8/9/09 5:06 PM) Reply
Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. It has really lifted my spirits with this one. I do agree that I need to rest it for a week or two. Thanks also for the heads up with BWOF sizing. I am currently working on some Burda pants and the 48 with a large butt adjustment seems good, though maybe I should try a 44 with a FBA for tops. That would give me more options!
Woolygal said... (8/9/09 7:53 AM) Reply
When I saw the picture, I thought" How Cute" and then read your review. Glad you were able to salvage the jacket, it's looks good now.
Karen6790 said... (8/8/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Put it in the closet to rest for a week or two. Once you've made another pattern, some of the frustration from this one will fade and you'll feel better about it. If it helps, the end result does NOT look like it caused you that much grief. And I love your fabric choice.
FreyaStark said... (8/8/09 9:27 PM) Reply
Sorry you had such a frustrating experience with the pattern. I hope you get some wear out of the top anyway.
Kayseri said... (8/8/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Your fabric is fabulous, especially the contrast effect. I agree the neckline isn't great but I think this top looks good with the neck open. On BWoF sizing I wear 18 RTW (NZ/Aust sizes), and sew Burda 44, adding to the hips. I think that their cup size is 'C' rather than 'B' because I rarely have to do an FBA
Mary Nanna said... (8/8/09 4:00 PM) Reply
I can see why you fell in love with the fabric - what a great idea for a hoodie! Looks very cute on you so good salvage job - I agree with the previous reviewer that you may come to enjoy it more when the pain of sewing it recedes into distant memory! About BWOF - I sew a 40 with a 2 inch FBA (which gives me final measurements of a size 18 or 44) and it works perfectly! Looking at you I can't believe you need to sew such a big size.
sewme47 said... (8/8/09 9:11 AM) Reply
ClaireEmily, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with this pattern, but you managed to salvage the fit and make it wearable. Actually, I think the amended version looks really cute on you! When I've ended up with a disappointing garment (and I've had quite a few recently!) I set it aside for awhile and then come back to it with fresh eyes. Maybe after a week or two you'll like it better. :)

by: SewWil