Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6348 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Amanda S.

About Amanda S.starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 6/27/08
Posted on:8/8/09 2:31 PM
Last Updated:8/8/09 8:23 PM

sockiboo said... (3/5/13 5:34 PM) Reply
wow. even if this gave you fits, it looks amazing all made up. good work.
Hilary said... (12/5/10 7:23 PM) Reply
Wow, your dress is just gorgeous! Sorry about the trouble with the back skirt, but the redo was definitely worth it. Great job on the piping too!
Kathi R said... (4/13/10 7:23 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review, I'm just starting this pattern for a dress in silk dupioni and I think I'll take you advise and move the zipper to the side. I appreicate the details which will save me time in fitting.
VelmaVance said... (11/16/09 5:47 PM) Reply
really lovely fabric and construction
fabricdancer said... (8/30/09 2:38 PM) Reply
I'm considering this pattern for a particular fabric, and your review was very helpful. Love your dress, too! Beautiful job!
carolynw said... (8/9/09 5:56 PM) Reply
Really beautiful dress - fits you perfectly and looks like really expensive RTW - good fix on the skirt back and very helpful review
Nikkij said... (8/9/09 11:46 AM) Reply
Wow, just wow. You look fabulous and resewing the back was a great idea. I only noticed the back wrinkles the second time around because you mentioned them. I'm not a perfectionist, yet.
jilly cooper said... (8/9/09 9:29 AM) Reply
I love reading your reviews, you give precise info about what you did, how you corrected probs, your choice of fabric is 100% spot on, and yes you can tell you are a perfectionist because it looks wonderfully constructed. Not a rush job in sight. I feel inspired when I see your garments that one day I could make clothes that look that good.......
MaryDB said... (8/9/09 1:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress that suits you to a T. Nice work.
kiddo said... (8/9/09 1:23 AM) Reply
Very beautifully done! Your resolutions worked well. Thank you for sharing.
CynthiaSue said... (8/9/09 1:23 AM) Reply
That fabric looks amazing on you. fit's like a dream! I love the asian flair!
busymomof3 said... (8/8/09 9:23 PM) Reply
beautiful dress! It looks great on you!! I love mandarin collars and LOVE this one on you! Super job!
Kayseri said... (8/8/09 8:29 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous dress and beautifully put together. Well done.
Barbara V said... (8/8/09 6:41 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. The fabric and piping make it really special. I'm so glad you reviewed it as it has encouraged me to bring mine out of confinement to the back of the closet after having the same problems as you. Now I'm going to "rip".
eugenia123 said... (8/8/09 6:21 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful dress, I love everything about it - it looks so great. Your perfectionism (is that a word?) certainly paid off here.
Raye Ann said... (8/8/09 6:08 PM) Reply
after your comment that the bust is cut bigger, i thought i'd better run out and get this one:)! that is, until I read the difficulty level. It looks insanely pretty on you! great choice of fabric. i suppose i could always add to my stash and save it until my skill level is a little better.
Kim12469 said... (8/8/09 5:38 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! Thank you for saying it was difficult as I've been eyeing this pattern. Might be out of my skill level.
sew2little said... (8/8/09 4:18 PM) Reply
As usual, this is beautiful and beautifully made--and it looks great on you, little wrinkles and all.

by: petro