Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-133B (Dress)

Reviewed by:busybee crafting

Last Updated:8/11/09 6:11 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Other Projects by busybee crafting using this Pattern

tr1c14 said... (8/13/09 12:38 PM) Reply
Wow, your way of shirring sounds so much easier than the instructions in the magazine!
busybee crafting said... (8/12/09 10:52 PM) Reply
Brissie71 - I sewed the lining and chiffon as one piece. I machine basted the lining to the chiffon using a scant 1/4" Next i shirred the top, the shirring is against my skin but you do not feel it. For the rest of the dress i sewed the chiffon and the lining seperatly. This allowed the dress to flow. The dress has a beautiful flow form the upperwaist down. Also the lining only goes to my knees i elected to keep the bottom tier free flowing. I will try to update my blog with better photos. http://busybeecrafts.blogspot.com/
brissie71 said... (8/12/09 1:16 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I love the fabric but I would NEVER have thought to use a chiffon. How did you line it? Do you have the shirring elastic against your skin?
busybee crafting said... (8/11/09 8:03 PM) Reply
tr1c14 The shirring is easy. I decided to not do what the instructions stated which was to take elastic and zig zag sew it. Instead i used elastic thread wound the bobin and used the longest stitch on my sewing machine. This made the task very quick and i think easier to control. I purchased elastic thread at joann fabrics. I think it was $2.49 a spool.
tr1c14 said... (8/11/09 7:01 PM) Reply
I love it! Was the shirring hard to do? It's an effect I like but I've never dared to tackle it.
crazygrad said... (8/11/09 4:34 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to make this pattern for a while!

HotPatterns 1052