Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3775 (Misses Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:8/11/09 4:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Kellie R. said... (8/19/09 3:12 PM) Reply
OMG Melissa - you look so CUTE and stylish in this fabulous dress! I think it's a great style on you and am surprised you're not so sure! GREAT job!
nicegirl said... (8/13/09 10:19 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you! I'll have to try on some of my versions and scrunch up the center panel and see if I should experiment with that as well.
Jacqui315 said... (8/13/09 0:31 AM) Reply
It looks great on you! I like the crossover top option the best.
CynthiaSue said... (8/12/09 1:36 PM) Reply
You look straight out of a fashion magazine!!!
eugenia123 said... (8/12/09 9:00 AM) Reply
I know what you mean about the long midriff section in this pattern but, in any case, I think this dress looks really great on you and is flattering. Lovely fabric, it suits you.
valerie sews said... (8/12/09 7:20 AM) Reply
I finally caved in and bought this pattern recently and was thinking I would have to shorten the mid section to sit well on my very short body...thank you for confirming what I suspected. Having said that your dress looks good on you anyway! Thanks for your review.
Rebecca D said... (8/12/09 6:52 AM) Reply
I think this is very flattering on you. You don't look thick in the waist at all. And nice colors in that print for you.
kristinlala said... (8/12/09 1:49 AM) Reply
I really love it! It looks great on you- LOVE the pattern. I have this pattern, so I think I need to find some cute fabric and make it!!!!!
slanden99 said... (8/12/09 0:32 AM) Reply
I love your fabric. Thanks for the tip about the center waist gathers. I had been wondering about how it would work with my figure. I think I'll try without the gathers.
lmg said... (8/11/09 11:29 PM) Reply
I think it looks fabulous on you. Love the fabric too.
Raye Ann said... (8/11/09 9:12 PM) Reply
i do think it is very cute- I can tell you have your fall vibe on:) thanks for the inclusion of your adjustemnts. I hope to make this one soon. just made the skirt portion up last weekend AS a skirt and liked how it draped, so I think it has promise! i will test for bodice length now, too.
nancy2001 said... (8/11/09 8:36 PM) Reply
You did a great job on the dress, but I agree with you that it would look more flattering if it had a shorter mid section.
khunter said... (8/11/09 7:25 PM) Reply
I think you look great in it. I have this pattern also, your review made me want to sew it up.
Lori V said... (8/11/09 5:58 PM) Reply
I think this looks really cute on you, Melissa. You are doing so much sewing, great job.
lyndle said... (8/11/09 5:06 PM) Reply
I think this looks good on you, too. Don't be shy to wear it! Thanks for the helpful review.
Amanda S. said... (8/11/09 4:57 PM) Reply
I think this looks really nice on you. - sorry you're not 100% happy with it. I have this pattern and the fabric I want to make it with. Not sure what is taking me so long to get around to it... Nice fabric as well. I bought the same knit last fall and made a little top.
crazygrad said... (8/11/09 4:50 PM) Reply
That looks great on you!

PerfectFuse Medium White