Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1124 (Misses' Cardigan and Vest)

Reviewed by:Oceanpeg

About Oceanpegstar
Member since: 4/1/08
Posted on:8/12/09 9:00 PM
Last Updated:8/16/09 5:00 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
moushka said... (8/17/09 7:39 PM) Reply
I love your version. Wasn't too sure about this pattern before but now it's on my "must sew" list. Great review.
carolynw said... (8/16/09 9:31 AM) Reply
Nicd looking - thought the fringe was an extra you added - smart move!!
GrannyT said... (8/15/09 11:48 PM) Reply
I have been wondering whether this pattern would work for me - also a plus size - and after reading your review, I can see that it will work very nicely. I really like the look of the jacket and vest and can see that I would make both. I appreciated especially the advice for sizing. So many times in an oversized pattern you learn to go for the smaller size, even if you are a plus - maybe especially if you are a plus- so your clothes don't look so baggy. I would almost certainly have made this mistake without your "pioneering."
Oceanpeg said... (8/15/09 3:26 AM) Reply
Thanks all. I'm probably not the only one who uses their shower curtain as a back-drop. It's easy for picture-taking. My laundry room is next to my bathroom, and I actually stand in the laundry room when taking the photos. Like, I stand in the bathroom on a stepping stool when taking photos of the fabric, etc., on top of my washer & dreyer, too, that I use for a cutting table.....LOL. Also used to use the top of the washer & dreyer way back when developing and printing up my film, before changing over to digital photography. My neighbor just loved the cardigan, too, when I surprisingly presented it to her. She couldn't wait to put it on and to show it to her hubby when he walked in the door while we were having a cup of tea at her house.
magoe6217 said... (8/14/09 5:15 PM) Reply
I love the look you achieved. Using the selvedges made it so much more interesting than the original pattern. It has a very Issey Miyake/Japonseque feel to it. I immediately added it to my must have pattern list based on your results. Also love the use of your shower curtain as a backdrop for your photos. Brilliant! I hope you won't mind if I copy your idea. I have so few unadulterated backgrounds in my house. Thanks for your review!
donna mel said... (8/14/09 6:52 AM) Reply
i like yours better than the picture on the pattern envelope. the raw selvage is really fitting for the loose style.
Fran S said... (8/13/09 7:55 AM) Reply
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting a top in this style for a bit and just added this one to my wish list. Lucky neighbor!
ryansmumAria said... (8/13/09 0:45 AM) Reply