Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2618 (Misses or Plus Size Jacket, Ve)

Reviewed by:Keiler

About Keilerstar
IL USA
Member since: 10/1/08
Posted on:8/13/09 9:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Vests    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus
JustineSewcountrychick said... (1/6/11 3:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info on the facingsdoes the sizing run big?
pipet said... (6/18/10 1:28 AM) Reply
I've seen RTW tops in a similar style with the pleats stitched. Great way to make this work; I can see from your pics the problem with the facing!
Rebecca D said... (8/14/09 6:32 AM) Reply
Another gal who likes the look of the stitched down pleats. That's one great looking top. Very now and RTW.
Sewnsewmom said... (8/14/09 1:33 AM) Reply
Add me to the list that likes how you topstitched. I think that I might have to get this pattern.
mssewcrazy said... (8/13/09 2:53 PM) Reply
I think I bought this pattern at the last Hobby Lobby sale-will have to go check. Your tops are very nice. Thanks for the creative ideas on handling the facing issue as the shirts will wash and wear lots better with the stitch down.
Gloria W said... (8/13/09 1:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the inside and out pictures of the neckline. When I saw the review photo I really liked the front and was wondering how the pleats were attached.
Re Becca said... (8/13/09 12:21 PM) Reply
That is so stylish and so simple! I have a Vogue pattern kind of like this, but I think I like yours better.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/13/09 11:32 AM) Reply
Both tops are nice. I like your "think outside the box" approach to making the pattern work for you.
sewbehind said... (8/13/09 11:22 AM) Reply
Also like the pleats topstitched, particularly in the manner you chose to do it. Lovely T-shirt
RLL said... (8/13/09 11:00 AM) Reply
I like the look of the pleats being topstitched down. I think it adds to the style of the top. Very nice.
RachelEsq said... (8/13/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Topstiching as a detail seems to be popular in RTW right now, so I don't think that it detracts from the finished shirt at all. I'm impressed with your creativity in figuring out a solution to the poor pattern instructions. I really like this shirt. The pleats look great.

Understanding Interfacings