Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> You Can Make This> A-Line dresses and tops (Carla C A-Line Dresses and Top)

Reviewed by:lizagm

About lizagmstar
NC USA
Member since: 10/9/07
Posted on:8/13/09 12:13 PM

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Lili123 said... (8/14/09 4:18 PM) Reply
your dress is very cute.I love the A line shape of the dress and the buttons for closure. I prefer that to a zipper. I think that it is a great idea the lining for all the garment and the fact that it makes it reversible. I plan to make a dress for the little girl of a friend this weekend and i think i will try to modify a pattern that i already have to do a similar one.It would look different of the one i already made.
cleverkitty said... (8/14/09 8:55 AM) Reply
so cute, I love the print. I hope my daughters get the sewing bug like you. Good sewing keep going!
lizagm said... (8/14/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Azdi, sorry I can't tell you about the fit, I made this one for a friend as a gift, and I haven't mailed it yet. I can tell you that this pattern is easily adjustable and I think you could work with it to get a shape you like better. Especially since the pattern gives you instructions for many different lengths. (it is basically just the shoulder/top part of the dress that you get in the pattern, and they instruct you on how to measure out for which size you are making.)
azdi said... (8/14/09 0:54 AM) Reply
I"ve been wanting to make a denim jumper from this pattern. Can you tell me how it fit? The Big 3/4 patterns have all come out terribly wide for my DGD and I'm wondering if these run a bit slimmer. I don't like the "tent" look.
janella said... (8/13/09 12:54 PM) Reply
Lovely dress... love the print too... it is not so big as to overpower its owner! :)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

SewBaby Animal Mittens Pattern