Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5716

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates

Woolygal said... (8/17/09 3:23 PM) Reply
The dress is wonderful. You did a great job. It fits perfectly.
fryman said... (8/17/09 11:55 AM) Reply
really show off your hourglass figure. Go Girl!
calminatrix said... (8/16/09 9:54 PM) Reply
the first thing i thought, before i read anything, was how did she get her boobs to fit so well??? i still don't get it? i'm going to pm you.
KathySews said... (8/16/09 1:03 PM) Reply
Oh I like this on you. Wear it proudly
eugenia123 said... (8/15/09 5:48 PM) Reply
Listen sister, fabulous curves need showing off. Your dress looks stunning, the fit is perfect. Great job!
Ann B. said... (8/15/09 5:46 PM) Reply
Forgot to add, thanks for the hint to peg the hem a bit. That is a flattering trick for women with hips and I always forget it.
Ann B. said... (8/15/09 5:45 PM) Reply
Ah, wear the dress my friend. You have a fabulous figure and your new dress complements it so nicely. I like it so much I think you should make it in a summery print for casual wear too.
JudyP said... (8/15/09 9:36 AM) Reply
You look fabulous! This is the perfect LBD(little black dress). I have this pattern and I'm going to make it in black now that I have seen yours!
vivianna said... (8/15/09 8:14 AM) Reply
I think your dress looks beautiful on you.
Rebecca D said... (8/15/09 7:47 AM) Reply
Ditto every comment made before this one. Lookin' good, good-lookin'!
meesa said... (8/14/09 11:05 PM) Reply
Yes, you are right you are looking way sexy in that dress! :) I really like this on you!
mastdenman said... (8/14/09 10:44 PM) Reply
Love the dress. You should definitely wear it. You look great in it.
Sew4Fun said... (8/14/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Wow! Another stunning dress. You have the fit thing nailed! The dress fits so well and is so flattering. I agree with everyone else, it looks great on you and you should wear it without a second thought.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/14/09 8:25 PM) Reply
Looks really good!
Annette1 said... (8/14/09 5:56 PM) Reply
Well, as usual, I'm a little late to the party, but I LOVE this dress on you, Andrea. It's not TOO anything, it's just PERFECT. Very classy! It really shows off your figure nicely, too.
tr1c14 said... (8/14/09 5:29 PM) Reply
I agree with everybody else: you're rockin the classy-sexy, not the trashy-trampy. Congrats on getting such an excellent fit.
michellep74 said... (8/14/09 4:10 PM) Reply
You look smashing in this--wear it with pride!
Lili123 said... (8/14/09 4:05 PM) Reply
your dress accentuate your curviness in a good way and it is done with good taste, i love the shape of the collar on the front. You look gorgeous in that dress.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/14/09 3:30 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on fitting that dress and need to wear it with pride!!
Sweetiebop said... (8/14/09 2:51 PM) Reply
You always do a wonderful job of fitting your clothes. I love this dress on you.
Andreahg said... (8/14/09 2:31 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone!
Carol Mendoza said... (8/14/09 2:27 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic! Love it!
Sickofitcindy said... (8/14/09 2:27 PM) Reply
Ooh I like it. I think you should rock this dress often!
Riesie said... (8/14/09 2:09 PM) Reply
The dress is wonderful and soooo flattering - what is this "too s*xy" crap? Erase that thought and make more. You and that dress are made for each other.
merry-one said... (8/14/09 1:55 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful. Fitted and a good sexy. I'd wear it to work with a jacket. As a luxury-sized gal that is the style I try to project -- fitted and fine. Looks great and if it were me I'd make a few more in other colors and have a wardrobe of them.
LornaJay said... (8/14/09 1:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I can see this looking very veeeeeery nice for an evening out, especially if you accessorised with a chiffon or similar wrap.
ClaireF in CA said... (8/14/09 1:27 PM) Reply
You look so pretty in your dress! Great fit!
ggf2005 said... (8/14/09 1:10 PM) Reply
i think you should. you look good! great job on the dress.
Izzie said... (8/14/09 1:05 PM) Reply
Yes yes yes, I agree with the ladies above! You look great! You did an awesome job fitting the bust.
knitmachinequeen said... (8/14/09 1:00 PM) Reply
I agree with Debbie Cook! Are you crazy?? Too sexy for a gal your size? Sure you look sexy but not hoochie. I think that's a great combination for anybody no matter what size. This pattern is moving to the top of my list right behind my wedding dress!
Sherril Miller said... (8/14/09 12:21 PM) Reply
You are going to have every woman out there wishing they had your fantastic figure. I think you must wear it, and wear it with attitude.
msladyj said... (8/14/09 11:54 AM) Reply
It's great to look sexy at any size. Andrea I love how this dress turned out. You look wonderful.
Debbie Cook said... (8/14/09 11:49 AM) Reply
What?? Too sexy for a gal your size?? What the heck does THAT mean? LOL! It's not like it's a hoochie mama everything hanging out and all exposed kind of dress. I think this looks great. Classy sexy, not hoochie.
USMCMom said... (8/14/09 11:48 AM) Reply
Andrea, you got a wonderful fit and I think you look great in it! Definitely NOT too sexy for your size!

by: petro