Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Posted on:8/15/09 2:21 PM
Last Updated:8/15/09 2:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

LisaG said... (8/18/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Great job on a beautiful chair! If it isn't perfect, I can't see the mistakes (and it's not just because I'm distracted by your gorgeous cat either!). Congratulations!
jeanharville said... (8/17/09 12:02 PM) Reply
You did a very good job. I think it looks cosy and comfortable. I have never upholstered, but I do make slipcovers. Which are labor intensive too, but you don't need a lot of muscles or special tools.
Stephenie said... (8/16/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Yay! You finished it and it looks great!!
rosewrangler said... (8/16/09 12:08 PM) Reply
It looks great! The cording is a beautiful contrast. Kudos for tackling such a back (and finger) breaking job.
ChristineBR said... (8/16/09 8:39 AM) Reply
Yes indeed, lovely work and super cats!
okie2thdoc said... (8/15/09 10:38 PM) Reply
I need some furniture! You've inspired me. It's great that your daughter helped with this one. Upholstering can be such a pain. Great job and cute fabric.
HeyJane said... (8/15/09 10:35 PM) Reply
Your chair looks fantastic! My husband helped me do one 5 yrs ago and we've still not forgotten the pain. I see the cats are happy now and have gotten over their trauma. Beautiful job, I just love the fabric, too.
lucylal said... (8/15/09 8:38 PM) Reply
That chair looks so comfy, you couldn't let it go to waste. Your upholstery looks great. Thanks for the review! I have an antique wing backed chair that i have wanted to do for ages. It's good to go into it knowing what to expect! Pain!!!
Rhoda K said... (8/15/09 8:35 PM) Reply
You did a great job and my hat is off to you. Loved the cats, too ;-)
OP Gal said... (8/15/09 8:20 PM) Reply
Great job, Annette. I especially love the cording on the arm rests. My hat is off to you for tackling a upholstering project. I upholstered a headboard a few years ago and got extra fabric to upholster an ottoman. The extra fabric never made it to the ottoman and is still languishing in the back of my stash closet.
Dee2 said... (8/15/09 7:19 PM) Reply
Great job--your chair looks wonderful. Lots of hard work & a wonderful result.
katlew03 said... (8/15/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Been there, done that -- hopefully never again. I've said that over and ver and still end up thinking reupolstering something will be simple -- it's not. You did a great job.
Passion4Sewing said... (8/15/09 5:57 PM) Reply
Looks great...and I see it has a TWO-cat seal of approval :-) Upholstery is hard work. I will only RARELY do a piece of my own, after long consideration. I used to work in an upholstery shop and my buddy there branched out into custom slip covers. They can look as nice as upholstered and not as much heavy work! I love your fabric choice!
craftygamma said... (8/15/09 4:29 PM) Reply
As one who has "been there & done that" I feel your pain. It is a LOT of work & your arms & fingers ache from pulling fabric into place. It sure it worth it, though, as new furniture is not the quality of the old stuff. PS...it looks great to me.
Shari B said... (8/15/09 4:24 PM) Reply
What a wonderful job you did on the chair. Your daughter must love it.
MrsKeds said... (8/15/09 3:35 PM) Reply
I think you did a fantastic job.... (wondering if you will notice furniture dropped off in your front yard to be recovered...) I bet that they love it.
Flying Seamstress said... (8/15/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Idunna, this chair is beautiful! Wow, your daughters are so lucky. Will the 2nd chair be covered in this same fabric?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS