Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1081 (Refashioned and Textured Vest)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

About ITAdminstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:8/19/09 11:33 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Sweater knit fabrics

ITAdmin said... (8/20/09 4:46 PM) Reply
martha, I'm going to experiment with shortening and, probably, narrowing the armhole. Gapping isn't really the problem, but it may need darting or something once it's not so extended.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/20/09 3:03 PM) Reply
How creative. I love both of them.
marthamyers said... (8/20/09 9:15 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! I too am interested in fabric manipulation and re-purposing garments. Your review provides great inspiration. How will you adjust the armholes in future vests? I look forward to seeing those too.
Danvillegirl said... (8/20/09 5:33 AM) Reply
Interesting vests. Like the idea of using thrift garments to refashion. I like this pattern more and more.
Heatherrique said... (8/19/09 10:20 PM) Reply
Wow! IT, as always another work of heart! Too cool! BTW: your sewing level stated in your profiel is lower than what it really is.
ITAdmin said... (8/19/09 7:11 PM) Reply
j222b, my book is Exploring Textile Arts, published by Creative Publishing International. I haven't reviewed it, but I did see one review here on PR. It has instructions for ca. 25 techniques and some beautiful artists' gallery photos.
carolynw said... (8/19/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Absolutely smashing - I have done some texturizing and find it such an interesting way to achieve a different one of a kind look - you have certainly done this with your vest - great review
TrixieD said... (8/19/09 5:11 PM) Reply
Great results. I love the fabric combination and the fact you made me notice a pattern that I hadn't considered before.
j222b said... (8/19/09 2:32 PM) Reply
I love your project. Very arty. Never discard these-they might look great on a wall, too! I am so inspired-and thanks for descriptions of texturizing. Did you review the book? What was it?
LollyVee said... (8/19/09 2:31 PM) Reply
Gee you are so talented. I'm sure your vest will be a talking point. I really like the pattern you chose...nice combo!

McCall's M4783