Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1004 (Misses' Fitting Shell)

Reviewed by:whirrclunk

Posted on:8/17/09 3:52 PM

pointpatou said... (7/8/15 3:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the details.
RachelEsq said... (8/25/09 1:56 PM) Reply
This is a really pretty dress! I'm impressed with your fitting skills.
whirrclunk said... (8/19/09 5:48 PM) Reply
Thank you! Michele19, I roped in my husband to help with the measuring. He was very patient!
Beek said... (8/18/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Your review is very inspirational. I have always hated the fitting process of sewing. Perhaps by owning a sloper, it may not seem like such a chore.
Michele19 said... (8/18/09 5:42 AM) Reply
thank for this excellent review! What an excellent accomplishment? I have this pattern too and only got as far as doing the top part... And I did NOT learn much but no that I've been sewing for a while maybe I should try again. My question for YOU is how did you make all the required measurements on yourself??
Athene said... (8/17/09 11:43 PM) Reply
I think you are off to a great start. I am not experienced enough to give you fitting advice, but I think you should start a new thread in the Fitting Woes section of the message board along with your photos, and you would probably get lots of good advice from PR members to tweek the fit of your shell to your liking.
Laurie Lou said... (8/17/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Very helpful and interesting review of this. I think that I should do this... sounds like you did learn a lot from it. As far as the sway back others might give a better answer but it is so hard to fit ones self. But if you take the waist apart and put 2 back darts in. You might have to move the lower section up a bit too...but not sure about that once you put the back darts in. I have a bit of a sway back also and this is usually what I end up doing. ..the dart anyway.
Knitters Delight said... (8/17/09 7:33 PM) Reply
That looks like a great fit! Nice job.
mmr said... (8/17/09 7:24 PM) Reply
Very nice review. Your shell fits very well.
Annette Wright said... (8/17/09 5:54 PM) Reply
I think you should wear it out to dinner tonight, it's fits wonderfully.....lol. Good job.

Understanding Wool Fabrics