Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1114 (ISSEY MIYAKE)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/16/09 3:52 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
SpinningJenny said... (8/21/09 6:35 AM) Reply
Ann - you have such wonderful vision for projects! This is really eye-catching - an unusual piece that looks great on you.
Grammy Gin said... (8/19/09 12:40 PM) Reply
How glamorous! You look elegant!
narcissaqtpie said... (8/18/09 1:22 AM) Reply
love it!
SueV said... (8/17/09 5:33 PM) Reply
thanks! I have some really thin knit I "found" downtown this past weekend... got 5 yards for $1.... so it's good for this "experiment"!
Ann Smith said... (8/17/09 3:54 PM) Reply
Sue, I think yes. That was my first fabric choice that I didn't have enough of. Just be sure it can support the contrast fabric and buttons.
SueV said... (8/17/09 2:21 PM) Reply
nice! What do you think... could this be made with a very thin, soft knit?
DorothyK said... (8/17/09 12:05 PM) Reply
This piece is spectacular. Not only is it interesting, exciting, and unusual, but it looks great on. I have this pattern, and now it's at the top of my list of patterns to do.
Banja said... (8/17/09 9:39 AM) Reply
So, I out myself as a Miyake fan. I just finished my version of this top yesterday. It was fun to make, but I am not sure, if I am going to wear it, I think this top (like other Miyake's) looks good on a taller women, which I am not. I like your version very much, with the trousers. But I have to say,for a more bottom-heavy person, like me, it does not look good with pants. Thanks for your review.
Sic said... (8/17/09 9:07 AM) Reply
Awesomely crazy cool - nice work! I love the fabrics you chose!
beth5646 said... (8/17/09 7:20 AM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern--and was kind of wondering if it would be something I would wear. Thanks to your great review and wonderful pictures I can't wait to get out and find some fabric. I always love your reviews Ann--you are an inspiration.
solosmocker said... (8/16/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous Miyake and just wonderful on you. Great review.
CarolynGM said... (8/16/09 7:05 PM) Reply
Wow! You always make such interesting clothes. I'm totally in love with this garment!
Winifred said... (8/16/09 6:49 PM) Reply
I love this on you Anne. And congrats for the courage to go for the "out of the norm" looks!! In the late 1950s,early 60.s when I was in my teens early 20s I used t o go for all the Vogue patterns with different challenging features! I dont seem to have the guts or the opportunities to do it nowadays! But you are so inspiring and I'm waiting to see what you make next!
Athene said... (8/16/09 6:09 PM) Reply
You really made it work - I love your results.
Barbara V said... (8/16/09 5:49 PM) Reply
Incredible design indeed and you found beautiful fabrics to coordinate and make it true to the Issey Miyake style. You look great in it.
Raye Ann said... (8/16/09 5:32 PM) Reply
too cool. great job on the fabric choices- it really is striking!
Beek said... (8/16/09 4:37 PM) Reply
Wild and wonderful Issey Miyake! This looks fabulous AND comfortable. Enjoy wearing it and thanks for the great review.
crazygrad said... (8/16/09 3:56 PM) Reply