Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6407 (Misses' Shirts)

Reviewed by:quixoticpixels

About quixoticpixelsstarstar
Member since: 4/2/08
Posted on:8/19/09 8:34 PM
Last Updated:8/19/09 8:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

moonstar said... (9/30/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I love your blouse so much that I decided to go ahead and buy the pattern. I'm new to sewing and it looks like an intimidating project but hopefully I will manage.
quixoticpixels said... (8/21/09 2:21 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments and advice!
RLL said... (8/20/09 3:57 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else, the shirt looks great. And as far as the back seam goes, a well known independent designer, Cynthia Guffey, feels every shirt or jacket should have a center back seam for fitting. If it doesn't, you should add one.......in her opinion. I have found that it does help with fitting issues.
CarolynGM said... (8/20/09 9:09 AM) Reply
What lovely fabric! I think the fit is coming along very well. You might include a sloping shoulder adjustment next time if you feel like tweaking a little more. However, the shirt you made looks fantastic.
Nancy K said... (8/20/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Your blouse does look good on you and the fabric is lovely.
renren said... (8/20/09 4:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful and you wear it so effortlessly. I know it was quite a struggle, but WOW!
AnitaJ said... (8/20/09 3:04 AM) Reply
You've ended up with a very pretty blouse! I admire your perseverance in getting a good fit and I learned a lot in reading through your fit saga. Thanks for sharing. :)
lara900 said... (8/20/09 2:29 AM) Reply
vow: your blouse looks lovely -- I could never tell from those photos that you had to fiddle so much. Bravo!
quixoticpixels said... (8/20/09 1:30 AM) Reply
Thank you!
Dee2 said... (8/19/09 11:14 PM) Reply
I love this shirt & I think the fit looks great. It's a real classic & you did a great job!
Lori V said... (8/19/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks very pretty on you.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/19/09 10:24 PM) Reply
All your effort was worthwhile because you have a great blouse. Now you can do anything with your TNT pattern.
SewRusty said... (8/19/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Just remember, no one else will be nearly so critical of your work as you! I LOVE the fabric choice for this, and doubt that anyone else thinks the flaws are as glaringly obvious as you do. :-)
Sewnsewmom said... (8/19/09 10:11 PM) Reply
I think it looks pretty. You did a real great job with the cuffs.
Jali said... (8/19/09 10:06 PM) Reply
The fit seems good from the pictures. It's a lovely white shirt in a beautiful fabric and I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it.
Michelle L said... (8/19/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Good for you for sticking it out and figuring out the issues. I often find that I need to add a center back seam in my tops to make them fit. I think it looks excellent, it is a gorgeous shirt.
homejewel said... (8/19/09 9:03 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern, too, because of the great reviews. But I fear that I will have to redraft it a good bit, too. You may not think it is perfect, but from the pictures, it really does look great on you. Nice choice of fabric, too.
EleanorSews said... (8/19/09 8:52 PM) Reply
Fitting ... argh! Generally your blouse is looking quite nice. I can see what you mean about a tendency to fall backward. Next time... It does look beautifully made though.

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern