Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3239 (Misses Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:Mrs.Moos

About Mrs.Moosstar
United States
Member since: 11/5/02
Posted on:8/21/09 1:48 AM
Last Updated:8/21/09 3:03 AM

See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
gtsang said... (11/23/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the idea about the foam inserts. The lack of SUPPORT (iykwim) has kept me from trying to make my own.
JEF said... (8/22/09 9:49 AM) Reply
Wonderful review! I used that elastic in lycra turning method about 2 weeks ago for a pair of swimsuits - still to be reviewed. I totally agree it was a huge PITA but the look was great. Last night I had a thought about them (I know, it's weird to lie in bed thinking about ALREADY FINISHED sewing projects). What about pinning the safety pin on that section of elastic/fabric you use pull through so the narrow end of the safety pin will be going through the lycra tube? Then, use a wire loop turner to grab the end of the safety pin and pull it back through? I didn't use the safety pin when I did mine and my loop turner sometimes cut through the bit of fabric or elastic it was attached to - so I had to start all over over (like I said, the turning was a PITA). Maybe a combo of both of our turning techniques will be the key to success!
beth5646 said... (8/22/09 6:08 AM) Reply
GREAT review. Thank you for all the tips. That is a darling swimsuit. ( I understand about the "woven fabric swimsuit"!!! I too am 53 and have made a few of those in my time also.) After reading your review I plan to purchase this pattern and make some swimsuits for my daughter also. I appreciate the time you spent putting all the details in this review. I will use your tips and fabric suggestions. Thanks.
calminatrix said... (8/22/09 5:58 AM) Reply
it's beautiful! really!
Flying Seamstress said... (8/21/09 5:18 AM) Reply
What an awewsome job you've done here ~ and thank you for such a detailed review. DD must surely love this bikini!
jilly cooper said... (8/21/09 2:52 AM) Reply
beautiful and lots of good tips too

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2013-14