Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5007 (Misses /Petite Lined Jacket)

Reviewed by:Markie1

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:8/23/09 2:35 AM
Last Updated:8/23/09 2:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

Sewphie said... (1/4/10 4:50 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review -- I've been waffling on what to do on this pattern, but now you've given me the inspiration to go ahead!
OP Gal said... (9/21/09 7:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric! You did a wonderful job and it looks great on you. I love all the little extras you did--especially the green under collar. I'll have to remember that the next time I make a jacket or coat.
cindyann said... (8/25/09 8:09 AM) Reply
You are "a BRILLIANT seamstress!". Great pairing of pattern, fabric and personal interpretation. It's really fabulous. Looking forward to your upcoming reviews. You always inspire!
Lili123 said... (8/24/09 10:28 AM) Reply
i love all about that coat, the fabric is sublime...
sewnsewtoo said... (8/24/09 1:47 AM) Reply
Markie, thanks for the great review. Your coat is a masterpiece.
Erica B. said... (8/24/09 0:03 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat! I love it!
cmarie12 said... (8/23/09 6:10 PM) Reply
OMG, I've made that face too when a daughter was rushing me to hurry up! *LOL* I love the print that you used for the coat and I love the way you altered the pattern! You should definitely do it again!
RLL said... (8/23/09 3:36 PM) Reply
I love this. Beautiful workmanship. Certainly a long way from a housecoat!
PegL said... (8/23/09 2:46 PM) Reply
Great job on the piping, buttonholes and pocket! I like what you did with the sleeves too. Your coat is very chic!
Ann Smith said... (8/23/09 2:40 PM) Reply
I love it. Not too bright for you as you seem to be able to wear anything. The piping and pockets really set it apart.
Birgitte said... (8/23/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Markie, your coat is absolutely fabulous! I have been eagerly awaiting your review ever since you posted the question on the boards. The way you fixed the sleeves is masterful, every detail of this coat is delicious and you look fantastic in it. Congratulations, and thanks for a fun and very helpful review.
LollyVee said... (8/23/09 1:15 PM) Reply
I love your review..thank you for the tips and entertainment. Your coat is better than the inspiration one! Perfect for a Spring day, when it comes around again!
Karen6790 said... (8/23/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Wow. I saw your name next to a jacket pattern and I had to look and see what you did this time. It's gorgeous. And it's definitely something to wear on a rainy day - the kind of garment that makes you smile and feel better just seeing it.
marec said... (8/23/09 11:00 AM) Reply
I love it! It's chic, and edgy too...perfect combination of art and style.
AnneMarie60 said... (8/23/09 10:01 AM) Reply
I so enjoyed reading your account of this coat's transformation from an idea you gleaned from a runway photo to your battle with style changes to suit the vision of your finished garment. Your coat looks fabulous on you! I adore the luscious fabric you chose. I prefer your fresh, contemporary choice to the fabric shown in the runway photo. From conception to finish details, your work is artistic and flawless!
Re Becca said... (8/23/09 9:31 AM) Reply
Fabulous! even if Ohio doesn't appreciate it. The piping, pockets and those adorable sleeves definitely set you apart from Maxine.
SpinningJenny said... (8/23/09 8:33 AM) Reply
Fantastic coat! Love the details, and the choice of piping colour is spot on.
marjenann said... (8/23/09 8:21 AM) Reply
Wow!! You have a real talent for combining design and construction! The coat is spectacular in every way! I am sure you dazzled the graduation attendees!
BillieJean said... (8/23/09 5:40 AM) Reply
Lovely creation! It must have been perfect for a gloomy day in Ohio, never mind what others were wearing. I love how the sleeve turned out.
Aunt Gail said... (8/23/09 5:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely a delight! Loved the detail and pix of the bound and piped part and a rave over your pix @ the end. The bright colored pattern was def a GAMBLE but paid off well. Very upscale look!
Aunt Gail said... (8/23/09 5:07 AM) Reply