Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-116 (Sporty yoked jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:8/22/09 8:56 PM

ShelaghL said... (12/30/09 1:58 AM) Reply
Very cool.
PhyllisC said... (10/12/09 7:25 AM) Reply
Kay how did I miss this?? Can I borrow it? Really beautiful jacket and I think it would look good with jeans even into cooler weather.
Catbird said... (8/29/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Sorry to be so late in leaving a comment on this wonderful jacket. Your style sense and fabric/notions choices, not to mention your exquisite workmanship, are such an inspiration to me. I love those buttons! And thank you for the great tutorial. This is a crisp, classic, urban jacket. Looking forward to the skirt!
MAD14kt said... (8/26/09 2:08 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. Brown is a hard color for me to find where I live. It's one of my colors in the fall/winter ;D
MBPaz said... (8/26/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Looks fabulous - buttoned up to the top would be too severe. So, as is often the case, your solution to a 'mistake' improved the garment.
Lili123 said... (8/25/09 9:44 AM) Reply
your jacket is amazing!!!thanks for sharing your techniques.
Karendee said... (8/24/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Jacket!! Your garments always look so well pressed, as well as well constructed. Do you have a special iron or just use a regular household iron? Thanks.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/24/09 2:23 PM) Reply
Outstanding! Perfect fit and great style.
Mahler said... (8/24/09 1:44 PM) Reply
I want one like that with the silk lining. I love your buttons so much. The guy we visit on St-Hubert had so nut buttons I think. Geniously done as usual. Thank you for the tutorial. Super young looking and fashionable jacket. Very new lawyer type of look. Where is the bracelet ? ;-)
amy in mpls said... (8/23/09 10:52 PM) Reply
Hello beautiful jacket! This looks absolutely flawless...even the buttonholes!
Lori V said... (8/23/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Incredible jacket
LindsayT said... (8/23/09 8:16 PM) Reply
Hah. I've cleared out my house too over things that gave me fits. This jacket is lovely.
Danvillegirl said... (8/23/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Ditto to all the comments above. Very nice jacket and your pocket tutorial was great!
marjenann said... (8/23/09 4:34 PM) Reply
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!
Beek said... (8/23/09 3:43 PM) Reply
Great review as always! I love this littly boxy style. So flattering.
moushka said... (8/23/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Can't add anything to the well-deserved praise. Your projects are always an inspiration. Thanks for another great one!
Aixoise said... (8/23/09 1:08 PM) Reply
Splendid jacket. Thanks for the pocket flap tutorial. I'm with all who are constantly dismayed in Pfaff's buttonholes. Janome's my go-to buttonhole machine, with the Singer/Greist type as backup. Ripping out buttonholes isn't exactly a hobby, but I've had plenty of practice. I always enjoy your reviews.
LollyVee said... (8/23/09 12:38 PM) Reply
What a beautifully tailored jacket. I love those vintage buttons. Excellent.
ITAdmin said... (8/23/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful as always, but I especially love the buttons. They're the perfect finishing touch.
Frogstitcher said... (8/23/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! This is a stunner and looks fabulous on you. I love the fabric choice and color; perfect for the design. Thanks for reviewing it. I have it on my list so I'll be referencing your review once I start.
halleyscomet said... (8/23/09 9:31 AM) Reply
Very stylish! Love it!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/23/09 8:27 AM) Reply
"would I dare some long shorts?" SURE!! You're nice and trim, Kay!! ;)
SpinningJenny said... (8/23/09 8:22 AM) Reply
Gorgeous shade of brown, and wonderful buttons. A beautifully finished jacket that looks terrific on you! Thanks for the helpful tutorial.
Fran G said... (8/23/09 8:16 AM) Reply
Lovely as always!
DaisyEsq said... (8/23/09 7:55 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great.
CarolynGM said... (8/23/09 7:44 AM) Reply
Perfection.
nancy2001 said... (8/23/09 7:12 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks impeccable.
Athene said... (8/23/09 6:13 AM) Reply
Very stylish jacket - love the buttons. Always love your reviews. Thank you for the tips on top stitching and doing buttons on a featherweight and lining pocket flaps. Your top stitching looks impeccable.
mochimo said... (8/23/09 5:41 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket!
becca a said... (8/23/09 1:46 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Thank you for the very thorough and helpful tutorial.
Heatherrique said... (8/23/09 1:04 AM) Reply
Absolutely a very sharp and sleek jacket. As always , very nicely constructed!
Liana said... (8/23/09 0:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! It's as beautifully made as all of your things. Lovely work, and I like your fabric choices very much.
marec said... (8/23/09 0:11 AM) Reply
That is a beautiful jacket! I love the color, the fabric, the details, and the workmanship. Thanks so much for the info on vegetable ivory---interesting info.
khunter said... (8/23/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Love the jacket! This on is on my to-do list. Great job!
Mary Nanna said... (8/22/09 11:54 PM) Reply
wow - that is one seriously stylish jacket.... sigh, and perfectly constructed too. My Bernina is too smart to do proper buttonholes - I hear your pain - it's got this electronic eye that gets stuck on bulky fabrics and can't move. My cheap bottom of the range Janome does a better job ...
Gold said... (8/22/09 11:15 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket!
Karen6790 said... (8/22/09 11:15 PM) Reply
1. Love the jacket. 2. Wonder why I haven't made it yet? 3. Yes, I've ripped out that many buttonholes. 4. You can't have too many machines. 5. My vintage Singer buttonholer is coming in the mail on Tuesday.
monkeylala said... (8/22/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Very nicely done!
Terri A said... (8/22/09 10:42 PM) Reply
Fantastic! You always do such meticulous work. I love your tutorials.
Heidi Ho said... (8/22/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket!!! I LOVE it!!!
bananaoil said... (8/22/09 10:12 PM) Reply
Looks great.
Peacock Chic said... (8/22/09 10:03 PM) Reply
super cute!
Karla Kizer said... (8/22/09 9:57 PM) Reply
It's wonderful. Perfect fit, perfect combination of pattern and fabric. And the buttonholes look perfect from here....
Cowtown Karen said... (8/22/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Impressive!
Lyudmila said... (8/22/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Simply Stunning!
Christas said... (8/22/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Hhhhmmmmmm..... so, how many machines DO you have? LOL!
Christas said... (8/22/09 9:46 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket! Your buttons are so perfect with the fabric. The button holes may have given you fits, but the end result looks quite worth the trouble. I love it!
Dee2 said... (8/22/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Really beautiful jacket, tailored in your usual impecable style. Love the top stitching & the buttons. Thanks for the info on the vegetable ivory (this is new to me) & the tutorial.
Alse said... (8/22/09 9:37 PM) Reply
What a lovely version of this jacket! Nice job!

Self Drafted Pattern 000