Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9958 (Mens and Boys Boxers)

Reviewed by:TanyaMT

About TanyaMTstarstarstar
Member since: 4/28/04
Posted on:8/25/09 10:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)    Mens - Pants
Hilary said... (8/9/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Great review! I appreciate all the tips and comparison photos-love the smiley boxers, though- lol!
TanyaMT said... (10/16/09 11:35 AM) Reply
Miss Fairchild, the elastic came from a yahoo group run by Kathy. She has all types of printed elastics, good quality. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kathy_s/ The inner tag came from another yahoo group for snaps, but she also has some tags: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notionsupply/
Miss Fairchild said... (10/15/09 9:10 AM) Reply
Love the boxers! I wish DH wore them. Maybe I'll make some for DS. By the way, two questions--where did you get the Wonder Monkey elastic? I've never seen RTW type elastic on the market (printed with sayings) And, the label on the inside--is that a washing care label? I'm looking for some premade ones. Great idea to use it to sew the elastic together; I would think the label would itch more, though. Great review!
etully said... (9/15/09 1:24 PM) Reply
I have had this pattern in my stash for quite awhile, I thought it would make fun gifts made out of novelty fabrics or flannels. Thanks for the full review.
Jacqui315 said... (8/28/09 4:33 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to try some boxer briefs for DS and I have this pattern. Thanks for a great review turning the woven pattern into a knit one!
mhk3boys said... (8/26/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Your boxers look great! They look RTW!

Burda 7819